ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what tyres are best

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

hi

I am in the market for some new tyres, I have a been looking at a few but which ones are the better ones for my mk1 172. what have you guys got how well do they work for you, how do they hold up in the wet, whats the grip like, how are they in the dry.....????

these are the one i have been looking at.

1 Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

2 Toyo Proxies T1-S

3 Michelin EXALTO

4 Avon ZV1

well i dunno lol

i have gsd3s on mine and tbh i not really that impressed withthem they allways fel flat and are waring very quickly

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

a few guys have said that about the gsd3s but they drive a lot of hard miles in any given week.

my english in that post was shocking lol

i have done a few k in mine about 5 maybe less and was told there was about 3-4 mm left seems to grip ok i suppose lol dunno what to compare it too tho

i would like to know what the toyos are like because k-tec provide them with the speedline turini wheels they sell

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive got no complaints about the Eagle F1 GS-D3s. I replaced all 4 corners with these and have been very impressed so far.

Thay appear to be wearing pretty well but I dont expect to get as many miles out of them as I did the old Contis.

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

i know toyos are ok on a saxo vtr but theres not as much power going though the front wheels as the clio so cant say how well they will wear. i do know the grip is good (on a saxo)

I know a bloke who swears by toyos, he drives a 240bhp golf rallye, but they are 4WD so that helps with grip, never tried them myself tho.

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

i know the grip is good, but thats on my old saxo. the 172 is in a different class power wise than the saxo, so need to hear if someone on here has them on there car and how well they grip when you put the power down and round the bendy stuff.

I put a pair of Exaltos on the front of mine, superb tyres in dry or wet, cant fault them. They are the Michelin replacement for the SXGT as fitted to the Mk1 172 so you cant go wrong realy.

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.

most of my mates own nissan 200sxs and have Toyo Proxies T1-S on theres, they do a shed load of drifting and get a sh*t load of grip even when they are nearly bald. I would get the proxies.

Doyle

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

TOYOS ARE SOUND,IVE HAD TWO SETS ON THE FRONT NOW,I BOUGHT MY CAR WITH 7K ON AND THE STANDARDS WERE DEAD,PUT TOYOS ON AND THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT.JUST PUT A SECOND SET ON THE FRONT AT 19K,SO FOR ME THEY WEAR WELL TOO AND BELIEVE ME I DONT HANG ABOUT AND I LOOK FOR A GOOD RACE NOW AND AGAIN.

GOT THEM FROMhttp://MYTYRES.CO.UKhttp://MYTYRES.CO.UK

REGARDS,IAN

Used to have Conti and grip was good in both wet and dry but they used to wear out in 6k miles. Just put 4 Toyo Proxes on my 172 MKII. Grip is really good in the dry and Im really impressed. Most people say that they are sh#t in the wet. They are not as good as the Contis in the wet, they are more progressive and take a little getting used to. Really impressed with the wear rate so far as well!!

Check them out on Mytyres.co.uk Only £40 (195/45/16)

ive got a michelin pilots on mine, i dont think they make them any more so will probably get rainsports whens mines are done, the bloke who does my tyres recommends them and get them for a decent price