ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel alignment £15, oil and filter change £37 and 20% brakes, exhausts and other offers

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Not sure where to post this, so Mods feel free to move

Had more tyre wear than expected on a track day recently, so searched the web and found a Half price wheel alignment offer. National Tyres and Autocare in Hassocks, West sussex. Printed of my voucher from their website, went over there. They saw me straight away, really helpful (Out by 2.5 degrees) and £14.50.

Then discussed my last weekends oil and filter change, and how it was a pig to get the oil filter off (Scratched hands and 45 mins of cursing) after having to trolley jack the front up. Doing it with cheap oil (I change every 3k miles) and cheapish Bosch filter cost me £21.50 and 2 hours of hassle. They tell me they could have done it for £37. So all that hassle by me to save £15.50. I must be mad

AND they are doing 20% off brakes and exhausts too, as well as some other offers

Just thought would let you Guys know- and any good offers you have found?

monaco 172
Not sure where to post this, so Mods feel free to move

Had more tyre wear than expected on a track day recently, so searched the web and found a Half price wheel alignment offer. National Tyres and Autocare in Hassocks, West sussex. Printed of my voucher from their website, went over there. They saw me straight away, really helpful (Out by 2.5 degrees) and £14.50.

Then discussed my last weekends oil and filter change, and how it was a pig to get the oil filter off (Scratched hands and 45 mins of cursing) after having to trolley jack the front up. Doing it with cheap oil (I change every 3k miles) and cheapish Bosch filter cost me £21.50 and 2 hours of hassle. They tell me they could have done it for £37. So all that hassle by me to save £15.50. I must be mad

AND they are doing 20% off brakes and exhausts too, as well as some other offers

Just thought would let you Guys know- and any good offers you have found?
Is that a hunter allignment or them lasers that every part worn tyre shop in the country has?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Is that a hunter allignment or them lasers that every part worn tyre shop in the country has?

Don't know, but wasn't laser that's for sure. at £14.50 and a report they were 2.5degrees out, I wasn't arguing

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I had mine done at national tyres Sheffield and my steering was 5-10 mins out of whack after the 'alignment'. Wouldn't bother again, spend the extra £30 and get quick fit to do it on their hunter.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I had mine done at national tyres Sheffield and my steering was 5-10 mins out of whack after the 'alignment'. Wouldn't bother again, spend the extra £30 and get quick fit to do it on their hunter.
Fair enough. National Tyres and Auto are a large National company, so have no reason to think they are pants.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
So is kwick fit and they still managed to get my wheel an inch off centre on their first go lol
sometimes you have to pay your money and takes your choice
Least the money outlay with National is pretty good, and the lads I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable. Knew quite a bit about track cars and suspension
So I'm happy :)

Clio RS 172 2002
sometimes you have to pay your money and takes your choice
Least the money outlay with National is pretty good, and the lads I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable. Knew quite a bit about track cars and suspension
So I'm happy :)
Worth noting that the only adjustment on a stock Clio II is the front toe. Nothing else. So there isn’t much fo a shop to do.