ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which of this stuff comes under warranty

Hiya

Cars going into Renault for service on Monday. i have written a list of current problems that need seeing to while its in.. now i dont want them running a bill to me.. so what stuff opf this list is covered in warranty?

* Squealing noise when starting car from cold status. Upon engaging clutch and releasing again it stops.

* Exhaust Rattles underneath and is catching gearlinkage causing reverse to be difficult to engage (i doubt this is a warranty jobby)

* Headlights need adjusting - higher. (the incar adjuster doesnt seem to work... new cable?)

* Driver Seat squeeks - Bracket needs tightening?

* Power Steering making loud noise when turning wheel.. and also lose of power steering on the odd occasion.. making it a pain to turn!

* Steering feels lose (playful)... new steering rack?

Cheers

James

warranties vary, read the leaflets / documentation you got with the warranty VERY carefully. it will probably still cost you some, its likely the warranty will only cover parts without vat and labour at about £10/hour, theyre basically like insurance companies i.e. b******s.

190 BHP Willy 2

* Exhaust Rattles underneath and is catching gearlinkage causing reverse to be difficult to engage (i doubt this is a warranty jobby)

Wasnt this a problem you encountered after fitting your scorpion exhaust? Wont be covered by warranty. (id be interested to know coz im about to buy a scorpion de-cat)

* Headlights need adjusting - higher. (the incar adjuster doesnt seem to work... new cable?)

Adjuster on headlights needs turning, bolt on top of headlight. Again wouldnt be covered by warranty, but very easy to do takes 30 secs.

* Driver Seat squeeks - Bracket needs tightening?

Do it yourself!

* Power Steering making loud noise when turning wheel.. and also lose of power steering on the odd occasion.. making it a pain to turn!

Noisy power steering join the club along with the rest of us. Common to be noisy and nothing to worry about.

i notice its not a new car though, so the warranty company can make up their own rules e.g labour will be payed for at a rate of £10/hour, which is impossible to get.

unless you have done something yourself, like fitting the Scorpion exhaust (which will clearly negate any warranty to do with the exhaust) all the rest of those I would clearly expect to be under warranty - why would adjusting the headlights not be under warranty if the internal adjustment does not work???

If youve got an extented warranty through WARRANTY HOLDINGS THEY WILL WORM THEIR WAY OUT OF PAYING ANY OF IT.

Im still having a court battle with them three years later. They dont cover wear and tear only, unexpected mechanical breakdown, which they will class as wear and tear anyway.

They are just an insurance company, exept they never payout!

tell me about it jonny they stiched me as well warranty holings are rubbish i wrote them a letter too still waiting to hear from them