ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whistling from exhaust.

RS CLIO 182 CUP
Hi,

I seem to have a whistling sound coming from exhaust when i put my foot down, i have a 182 cup it has been back to dealer for new gasket on cat but it still has problem, i aint mechanically minded so help or advice would be appreciated.

Karl.

Black Gold Trophy
Most 182/172s whistle mate, I think its either the alternator or aircon pump, cant remember, but its perfectly normal.
If you had noise from the exhaust it would make the exhaust louder, and it would sound a bit like a wet fart (excuse the comparison) lol!

RS CLIO 182 CUP
Thanks mate!! its going back to the dealer next week as it has a leaking headlight washer too, i will get them to give it a once over while its there.

cheers.

Up rocks
My Cup does it after 5k in all gears, sounds like its coming from the exhaust. I dont have air con so i'll have a look at the alternator.