ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Williams suspension

Williams 2, STi N12

Does any know the specs of the original springs?? I want to replace mine but dont want the handling to be effected. Renault will only replace like for like and I want them to be uprated slighty but not uprated and lowered!! Anybody done this before, or any ideas??

BMW 320d Sport

That seems a bit odd...you want to replace them but dont want the handling affected? Just get the Renault springs then! Am I missing something here?

How exactly do you mean uprated? More poundage or something? In that case, no I dont know the original spring rating...but to get to my point what is your reason for wanting uprated springs (by which I assume you want to stiffen up the ride and improve the overall handling)?

A slight drop on harder springs especially if you can get progressively wound ones, will do what you want. Doesnt make much sense to just get harder springs but keep your centre of gravity the same...if you want a hard ride, just get some poly bushes.

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, if u dont want it lower then i cant see the point its not gonna have any affect really

if ur really bothered about it bein lower get some Eibach springs, they wont lower it much

Williams 2, STi N12

Just didnt want to pay the rip-off prices Renault want to charge..and thought some other manufacturer might do some that aint lower but slightly stiffer. Ill have a look at the Eibach ones thanks.

I dont know of anyone who does standard height springs that are uprated. The best thing to do if want to keep the ride height but want better handling is go for some better shocks, IE some Bilstiens, you can get them from Demon Tweeks for about £35 each and there are to fit standard springs.

Dazz

Try euro car parts for the standard springs. They do parts cheaper than renault.

Thoes shocks do sound cheap!

Skoda Fabia vRS

they will be the Bilstein Original shocks

ive got em on my Clio, there original length but gas......and Bilstein

Williams 2, STi N12

Cheers for the all the response guys, but I have deceided to design my own and get them made for me. A damn site cheaper then Renault!!

Hello all,

I have just had some Bilstein shocks and springs fitted on my Clio 1.8 16v. The only thing is its really bouncy at the front...worse than the standard springs and shocks. Has anyone else got these fitted and gone down some bumpy roads and nearly stacked it! I dont see other people with uprated springs etc bouncing about all over the shop like I do. Any help on this would be appreciated.....I might have a chat with Bilstein.

williams and trophy

id say that they are set up too hard or too low or both if your bouncin around mate
cheers
jon

i paid £30ish each for my front shocks from GSF/andyspares, cant remeber what brand they were, but they are probably OE, not uprated though

2 live,

I know there is something wrong, but they are the non-adjustable sprintline kit so nowt that can be setup. I cannae take it anymore, had a fierce hangover this morning and dont need that Jelly suspension going on...nearly painted the interior. Has anyone else had any similar problems and know what the problem is? Or is it possible that Bilstein put the wrong springs in the box although I would have thought they wouldnt fit....unless they are just a harder spring.

Skoda Fabia vRS

hmmmmm, well ive got the Streetline kit, and the sprintline kit is the better one

suspension does need a month or 3 to bed in properly, but mine doesnt bounce

it is obviously harder tho as the suspension has less travel

Hello BRUN,

Sorry, I meant the streetline kit. They have definitely cocked something up cos me and mi brother just got it bouncing by pushing it down on either side...when we let go it bounced up and down about 2-3 times before it stopped...whereas it should just come straight back up and sit level. Its quite amusing to drive, but I think Ill get them to sort it out!

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea, it defo shouldnt be bouncin when u push it down an let go, thats what happens when the suspension is knackered, but as its new then it cant have been done right