ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would my valver beat a...........

cavalier 2.0l 16v?

my mates just brought 1 of these and reckons he can beat my valver my 16v has been rr at 140bhp @ flywheel

has anyone raced 1

thanks

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

no probs at all. You should leave him standing. 140bhp in a car like that is not fast

Good luck and tell us what happens......

Without dobt a valver would beet a 2l cav.

I used to have the SR1300 which was a 1.8 lump and that wasnt bad but nothing compaired to the valver. My girlfriends brother also had a SRI 2l and that was nothing. Bout 0-60 in 9s!!

My mate had a 2.0 16v SRi Cavalier (N reg) and when we went out for a blast in mine, he got out the car sweaty, giggling and giddy - he couldnt believe how fast it was - if a valver is honestly a similar performance to a 172 (which it supposedly is :confused: ) then it shouldnt have a problem mate... Only one way to find out though...

used to have a gsi 2000. not as quick as a valver at all. but a nice drive. it was bout 160 bhp too, but the cars too heavy

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 24 March 2003

sri/ gsi??

either way. yes ud beat it unless its a 4x4 turbo or 2.5 V6
why not the V6? I kept up ok, level till 110 when my car was fairly standard, got a crap start too.