ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

york times update.....

mk2 172

everyones queuing at the minute but the 1 in front (2live) first run was 14.07 at 98mph, looks like hes gonna be the williams to beat, sound time jon! gonna be in 13s today, madness,all hes done his had a rmap to get the cams set up right

What are you using to post from York ? Laptop or Phone ?

That is hell of a quick time ! Wish I was there ! What is the weather like ?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

The weather in York is quite windy with patchy sunshine but a few dark clouds lurking.It shouldnt rain but its possible !

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Quote: Originally posted by Craggy on 29 August 2004

everyones queuing at the minute but the 1 in front (2live) first run was 14.07 at 98mph, looks like hes gonna be the williams to beat, sound time jon! gonna be in 13s today, madness,all hes done his had a rmap to get the cams set up right

Rapid!!!!

Clio II 1.2 16V

Nice to see some of you anyhow, I was the one with the Green 19. Got, some vid. but no way of hosting, ran out of space. Anyhow Had to go early on, the window fell out on the Driver side. So I was getting wet, then Had to go when it was dry, to avoid getting soaked by the rain. then on the way back. the Plug fired its way out of the Block, so now need some engine work.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i managed 3 x 14.1 @ 97!

if i didnt have to change into 5th before the finish i reckon that could easily be beat ;)

time for a rev limit increase me thinks!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Was a good day....well till I got my spanners out on martins car...once again sorry about that fellor. (NEVER happen again)

DannyT was my driver of the day....that lad is rapid.

Few causalities at the of the day limping home....but its all good.

I ran a 14.61 @ 94.5mph in a STANDARD 172 without the rear seats and spare wheel!

:D

Its ran a 14.7 @ 93mph before at York so i was well impressed to improve on that!

Its just a shame the fast 172 isnt very reliable, but we cant have everything! I just hope my new 182 will be as fast, i wont be very happy if i get a slow one!

It was nice to see everyone again, and i had an awesome night camping over!

Kev.

Was a great day, glad to see everyone turned up and put some effort in! There was some v.quick motors there and some blo*dy noisy ones too, but all in all I well enjoyed it, will have to do it again sometime!

Cheers for that northy...I tried my best, we just need to get your motor down the quarter, I guarentee it will be a quick one! And northy Im sure martins not that bothered, hes used to not driving his car!!!lol;)

My valver and me ran a time of 15.7 x 3 at a terminal speed of 88mph, which I was pleased with...but you always want quicker!

Also nice to meet a few new faces!

Danny

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Hmm, I had an interesting day shall we say some very good driving on the way in and out of York but my car was very dissapointing on the strip with me doing a 14.91 and apparantly a 14.8? at the end, but I didnt pick up the slip as I was otherwise engaged! I was just glad to get home in my car at the end of the day, at least there was no harm done in the end. Had some very interesting bits of driving with Rob, Danny and Nick on the way home...oh and cheers for figuring out the problem on my motor Nick.:D

Polo GTi

Yeah good day my best on my first ever doo was 15.2 in a standard-ish Willy, which im pleased with, need to get the starts sorted and were laughing.

Good to meet some new faces and even better to race them on the way home...Nick and Martin ;)

Good work with the pics chunkster BTW

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Im more pleased than you pal.

Had some good motorway doos with Monkey and Gaztwo...Monkeys decat has made a hell of a improvement over standard....my next investment I think.
Pity martin and dannyboy werent with us for the motorway drive up, and on the country roads I wasnt hanging about as Nick Read was right behind me...lol

The times will be posted on york dragways web site in the next few days lads....

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

im missed out the racing there and back! boohoo

now where the fuk is my mate, 40mins late already!!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

That comparison on the motorway was interesting Rob, I only pulled when I used the higher rev limit in 4th, otherwise I think yours had the edge! I would make an excuse that I was 2up but with my lack of interior it was probably around the same weight as yours.

Some v.interesting driving going past that massive convoy martin! Also had a race when I went through Preston. Ill tell the stories here as the driving tales post isnt up and running yet!

Well Martin didnt quite pick up enough fuel on the way home, so on the M62 we stopped off and then once we picked up fuel about 10 maxed motors shot past, with big merc 4x4 police cars chasing at v.high speeds, anyway about another 30 maxed motors followed with another three 3 police cars, anyway we set off and when we got onto the M61 and started to overtake them there turned out to be loads, it was crazy! Martin was in front and got past most, then I looked and a 106 rallye shot off chasing him....I decided to give my clio sport buddy a helping hand to bully the 106 and shot off, martin laid back and I got right up behind bullying him was only doing 20mph though!!!

Then I started to back off and a corsa had shot up behind me, so I pulled off and let martin take that one!!! Was definatly a good dabble!

Then on my way through Preston, I came up to the traffic lights behing a Ford Fiesta XR2I an old white one with two lads in, I had just picked up me girlfriends bro, so it was evens on weight. He looked at me and started revving his engine, so I did the same, the lights changed and straight away we were off.....as soon as I hit the top of 1st I was on his ar*e, changed to 2nd and agin right on his bumper, I had to back off a bit or I would have hit him, then changed again to third and went right up his ar*e agin, so decided I was the winner and just chilled at 50! when I saw him again I flashed and put my thumb up!

Anyway one other martin incidence, was coming onto the M62 round a bout, I was behind martin going some round and martin pushed it that much that the back end started to push out, he jumped on the brakes and it slid more, I thought he was going to hit the wall but somehow he regained it and shot off......either some good or lucky driving from him, well done anyway fella!

Also some good driving from Northy and Nick on the way down there, some of them corners looked good from behind!

Danny

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Glad you typed that up Danny! Was crazy the way the cops were chasing after them, youd have thought they were all murderers the way the cops were driving! Btw I had that roundabout all under control, bit sideways wasnt it!;)

Clio II 1.2 16V

Only got a small amout of Video footage, will see about posting that tomorrow. it needs editing. Shame that a Spark Plug blew out on the way home. At least the window fixed now.

williams and trophy

was a good day today..weather was a bit hit n miss like ..but 15.7 @ 92 was me best time today.........in the watersports event lol

couldnt believe me 1st run all round really.......came up against a skyline......pasted it off the line....went to hit 3rd gear, heard this fukkin WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH...............thort fukkin av i just pulled handbrake on instead of changin gear (i was a little hungover lol)...got back into the pit lane..........northys beamin face comin at me......14.07......fukkin av that........im like .....nah man skyline battered me big time...........got the slip......sure enuff 14.077.........hehe buzzin

tried puttin the k&n ind kit on as well today, but with 1/2 inch deep water on track and still drying track , times went up so put the airbox back on, which brought thm back down to a respectable couple 14.2s n 3s........but theres a couple races i havent got slips for as i was busy pushin cars lol......oh well

fukin great nite sat nite lol......mental note...never drink 1/2 bottle absynth in 1 go lol...geordie....fukkin lol......star

some impressive times today as well.........had 2 little tussles wi craig which went 1 each...a cheeky mini barged in on the decider.......n he was still on the fukkin startline wen id finished......c**t lol......both runs exact same tho.....no gap pulled or gained from either car...still close as fuk these 2 lol

top day

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

New Cliosport N/a 1/4 mile Champ! Quality time that mate, thanks to you and everyone else who gave us a hand with my car. Was not looking good for quite a while....Im pretty pissed how slow my car was, seriously thinking of getting rid and getting a proper fast car.:(

williams and trophy

mate im sure its nowt that cant be sorted.........all the basics are there...........just seems a little strange that its runnin a sec slower than craigs more or less..........iv got a regulator for the end of the injector rail if u fancy bypassin it .lol......well spotted there nick.......never even looked to see what the pipes were comin off jus checkin where they were goin lol.....oh well

GTiR 394bhp

Drive your cars in isolation and they seem quick.Pit them against the same model and you soon start getting the urge to empty your bank account/get a loan/get a faster car;).Im speaking from experience and a seriously depleted bank account:(.

BMW 320d Sport

Quality motoring all day I reckon; the cross country hack to and from the dragstrip were a good old crack, just like a WRC tarmac stage - except with traffic coming the other way occasionally and a couple of bikes trying to buzz us without much success LOL There are some very quick motors up North for sure.

Jon (2 Live) set a cracking time of 14.07 which I cant see being beaten for some time. At lunchtime the heavens opened and it pissed down but York being York, the show had to go on, in the left hand lane I would have set a better time in a rowing boat ...I came up 18.7 at 52mph LOL...and kind of bettered my results in two ways:

quickest time I set was mailto:14.06@102mph">14.06@102mph, quickest terminal speed later on in the day, mailto:14.28@104mph">14.28@104mph so Im into the 13s as far as 0-100 goes, but Im king of gutted I still couldnt run a 13-second quarter mile. I can see from the slips that the starts are the problem still, I hardly even got below 2.5 for the 60ft, but I still dont feel right about changing the fronts to 15s rather than the 17s and street tyres that I always run.

Apart from the slightly disappointing results, it was a top day out as it always is at York, and for those of you who missed out, especially those of you who moan that York is too far, (I had a 400 mile, 8 hour round trip to get there and back) I had a wicked time, was great to meet some old and new faces and the Cliosport northern crew always put in a good turnout for these things, so well done everyone who came whether spectator or racer. Or bodger in Northys case LOL...dont worry mate, everyone makes mistakes, Ive f**ked up my car enough times trying to fix it, thats how you learn the craft of keeping Clios on the road - just make sure you dont connect fuel lines to vacuum pipes in the future...:p

williams and trophy

lol................tbh mate i think he was actin on my advice lol........id looked to see which pipes went where, n told him...........dint even notice the regulator was missin off the end of the rail til u pointed it out lol.......but it was too late by then..........itl be right.lol

good to see u up here again tho fella..........even if i didnt get the chance to line up against ya.........still god to see the beast in action.....could just do with the 2.0 low down characteristics on urs to help it off the line a bit n thatd be fukkin rapid............

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 30 August 2004<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Jon (2 Live) set a cracking time of 14.07 which I cant see being beaten for some time.

damn good time that was. I ran 14.1 @ 97 three times but i had to change into 5th before the line on every one so i reckon i might be able to match that if im lucky :)

altho with a couple of ideas iv got 13s is the time to aim for!:devilish: