ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£425 Monaco 172 Bargain.

A van
So, after a good few years of not having a car i thought it was about time i got myself a toy. Ive previously corrected the headlights on this car and valeted it a few times, Always telling the customer that if he ever wanted to sell it, Then let me know!
about a month ago, He got in touch telling me he'd had enough and we struck a deal of £425!
Basically, The engine was misfiring, The dog bone had stripped the threads in the box which had caused the downpipe to work loose, All in all it was running and sounding like a bag of s**t!
I picked it up Thursday night, Changed an injector, Made a temporary mount until i get a pure motorsport replacement and tightened up the exhaust, And its running fine!
I gave it a good valet this morning, Ill give it a good detail when i get chance.
I think ive got myself a bargain!
084.jpg

088.jpg

086.jpg

Last edited:

Dan.AS

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 & Mk2 GTE 16v
Good stuff. Worth £425 of anybody's money that is. Looks tidy.

A van
Thanks guys, It sure was a bargain! After giving a good look over the only thing it needs for next months MOT is a rear caliper, Which was expected tbh. And the dephaser is making a bit of a noise occasionally, Annoying really, As the belt was changed 2,000miles ago and they didnt do the dephaser for some reason!
I gave the seats a shave last night which has transformed the seats, New mount should be here today and fitted this evening, Then i can finally take it for a proper run....

Cup splitters.. They seem to like rocking horse s**t unless i go for a carbon one, Is there anywhere that still supplies them?

A van
Skoda splitter, it has to be! Look great for the money and more durable.

You can't spend over a quarter of what you spent on the car on a plastic splitter 😂
Haha! This is my problem with deciding what to do with the noisy dephaser!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cup splitter; £130. Will smash at the threat of an impact.

Skoda splitter £13 delivered off eBay. Made of rubber.

Bish bash bosh.

A van
New mount arrived to today from Pure motorsport and i got it fitted this afternoon, What transformation! The car feels so tight and the gear changes are perfect. Really happy, Cracking bit of a kit and cracking service from pure motorsport too!
018_1.jpg

Next job, Change the buggered uprated exhaust mounts to my new standard ones, Change the rear caliper, And then ill tackle a decat, As it feels like it being strangled right now, if anyone is selling one, Let me know.

A van
I managed to pick up a Miltek decat off here this week and go it fitted last night, The car seems to run alot better after giving the lamdas a clean. And it pulls alot harder.
Whilst i was out for a "spirited" drive testing it i had a blow out, This little b*****d jammed in my sidewall and started lathing paint of the rear arch!
032_1.jpg

And then i found i didnt have a spare, So home to grab my van and up to my step dads workshop to grab one of his donar car wheels..
028_1.jpg

Then today, I managed to finish work early and i finally got around to giving a quick detail.
I have to say, Im growing pretty fond of it, Cracking cars!

033.jpg

035_1.jpg

037_1.jpg

A van
Really starting to enjoy the car now. I had the belts and dephaser changed last week, what a transformation! Lucky it went in too, As the tensioner pulley was about to s**t itself!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ideal! I'd bet the timing to be out too if the dephaser wasn't done. Very sensitive to timing are these..

Worth £1000 all day now!

A van
Ideal! I'd bet the timing to be out too if the dephaser wasn't done. Very sensitive to timing are these..

Worth £1000 all day now!
Yep, I think it was altering constantly if that's possible, As it wasnt ticking over nicely and kept cutting out. New MOT too so its worth at least £1050! :)