ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£50 for some front speakers...which ones

about £70 per seaker plus amp to run

remove rear speakers, modify cards to accept the extra width, screw in subs, wire up to amp

that will give more mid bass than anything else you fit in the rear

slightly more weight than co-axial speakers due to the extra weight of the magnet

best option for installing these however is to make a selaed enclosure out of fibreglass attached to the back of the interior panel (extra weight again though)

Bugger, sounds a bit hardcore (not to mention heavy) for me! Looks like its just going to be another pair of 13cm speakers for me.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 09 November 2003

then have some 6" subs in the factory locations coupled with a set of components up front
So how do you fit 6" subs in 5" holes then?! ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 09 November 2003

Yours was one of the threads about JBL526es that I read. Everyone who uses them seems to like them and Im not arsed about having expensive ICE. Just got pissed off with the crappy cardboard speakers.

I cant have 6x9s as about 50% of the time I have no rear parcel shelf.....or back seats! Currently carrying the spare wheel and toolkit though. Dont want to weigh it all back down with ICE.

Quite tempted to go and get another set of JBLs this afternoon seeing as they were so easy to fit and Ive more or less turned off the back speakers now as they sound like poop compared to the fronts.
Aye, they are soooo much better than the standard factory sh!te...

Get another set and ditch the rear ones, it will sound a lot better without spending a fortune and/or having to mess about too much.

well i have 2 subs and 6x9s in the rear and it a sounds crystal clear and superb??? must be broken or something lol

Fitted 2 more JBL 13cm in the back and am very pleased with the front/back package. Tempted to do the head unit now...!

Which HUs work with the fingertip controls? I dont want anything flash and I dont want loads of pointless graphics to confuse me. Ability to play back MP3s would be good and Id like to keep the standard CD changer (but I bet thats not possible).

Any recommendations?

VaVa

Alpine 9812RR

About £250 the last time I looked. Top H/U. You can get a lead to connect to your steering column controls, not sure about the display. Somebody on here should know. I think there was a FAQ about that on here somewhere too.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 09 November 2003

Fitted 2 more JBL 13cm in the back and am very pleased with the front/back package. Tempted to do the head unit now...!
Yeah, I ditched the standard HU too and theres a nice Kenwood Mask & 10 CD changer in there now which makes those JBLs sound even sweeter!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 09 November 2003
Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 09 November 2003Fitted 2 more JBL 13cm in the back and am very pleased with the front/back package. Tempted to do the head unit now...![/QUOTE]Yeah, I ditched the standard HU too and theres a nice Kenwood Mask & 10 CD changer in there now which makes those JBLs sound even sweeter!

sorry have to lol @ kenwood

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 10 November 2003

sorry have to lol @ kenwood
FFS

Now what?! :confused:

So Kenwood is cr@p, JBL is cr@p, all 6x9s are cr@p...

We aint all big ICE geeks and dont want to spend a small fortune filling our cars with expensive & heavy stereo gear!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 10 November 2003

no - just kenwood really are shite

they should have stuck to making food processors
Well its a hell of a lot better than the standard piece of sh!t, so I aint @rsed!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tiger on 10 November 2003

my whole install is kenwood...sniff sniff :(
Ignore them mate... Ive had a couple of Kenwoods now and Ive been very pleased with both of them!

Actually, my current Kenwood changer is over 5 years old now and has been in 4 of my cars now, but still works perfectly and has never missed a beat.