ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£50 wax

In the market for a lower/middle level wax for some of the family/friends waggons.

So far I have/have had;

SN
Onyx
Carbon
Vics Concours
R222
P21s 100%

So discount those.

The next is BF Midnight Sun, RaceGlaze 42...

GO!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! Ironic that the king of detailing is asking for advice! Gally will be along soon to suggest Collinites 'paste' wax!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! That Russ' new fave! Camel toe!

Raceglaze 55. Easily. It'll last 6 months and give the "looks" and performance of a boutique wax.

Believe me JD, it suits your needs. Try a sample for a fiver if you don't believe me.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Polished Bliss push it! So it can't be bad. I like my Saphir tbh! It's a middle of the road wax and gives a great finish.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I just feel a lot of the SV stuff is wishy washy more looks, ease of use rather than longevity and performance.

I have a sample 3oz pot of glasur if someone wants to buy. I got a big pot bought for me. Been thinking about selling the sample pot...

IMG_6303.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Go on then?

Have a little search on DW aswell, not a bad word spoken about it. It's a fantastic wax.

The Glasur is for sale at £35! :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's over a hundred quid for an 8oz pot

3oz sample pot for £35? Not a bad price.

3oz is a lot, we're not talking a panel pot here!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I just feel a lot of the SV stuff is wishy washy more looks, ease of use rather than longevity and performance.

I have a sample 3oz pot of glasur if someone wants to buy. I got a big pot bought for me. Been thinking about selling the sample pot...

IMG_6303.jpg

lol! No s**t.

"Excuse me, can i get a wax that will make my car look dull, but i want it to last a year!"

Don't be silly. SV and Zymol make the best waxes period!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Knows! I'm just stating facts! :eek:

Glasur makes me semi!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
SV wax is a pleasure to use! East on/off, lasts well...I have no idea how people measure longevity! But it beads well into the months. What more do you want. Takes 25mins to wax a car!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fair point, i'm juts giving people options here. The likes of RG55 combines both ease of use, "looks" and performance.

It's over a hundred quid for an 8oz pot

3oz sample pot for £35? Not a bad price.

3oz is a lot, we're not talking a panel pot here!

Didn't read the 3oz bit!!!! Read "Kevings wants 35 smackers for a Christopher sized pot of wax"!

Might have it then you gashead - for me/mine/R-ate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
£30 delivered it's only been opened once and has been kept in the fridge.

It'll last for ages, folk have had the big pot for years and never even been half way down it. It spreads like butter aswell.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Like the autoglym ones? Shite!

The Dodo finger mitts are very good.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yeah the autoglym ones, they looked kinda useful, but I don't have a problem with a cheap yellow round pad.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Any foam pad will do, the dodo one is just a gimic imo!
Think if you're using a panel pot or you have a tricky angled car. I think they are very good.
Yeah the autoglym ones, they looked kinda useful, but I don't have a problem with a cheap yellow round pad.
They are s**t, my boss bought one, I tried it once.

The dodo ones are very good.