ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£60 for wax and sealant - reccomendations?

Mini JCW
As per title really, currently use 476s as LSP but no sealant, so what do you lot reccomend? Was thinking roughly £40 wax / £20ish sealant. Durability isn't an issue for the wax, as long as it lasts 3 / 4 weeks im happy. For a Mondial Blue Cup.

I was thinking DJ Hard candy / Jetseal 901 combo?

Any other suggestions (its probably going to be a CYC only order too)

Cheers

Anthony

Not my choice for the wax btw, but from CYC I would suggest that's your best. Or save on money and buy some P21s/Nattys but they won't last.

Mini JCW
Not my choice for the wax btw, but from CYC I would suggest that's your best. Or save on money and buy some P21s/Nattys but they won't last.

Cheers, so if you weren't limited to cyc what wax / sealant would you reccomend?

dodo juice tbh;)

Which one do you think? They seem to be colour dependant and I can't find one that seems to 'fit' the colour of my paintwork:rolleyes:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not dodo juice for the winter tho paul.

Unless you have a good garage or don't mind re-applying every few weeks.

Mini JCW
Not dodo juice for the winter tho paul.

Unless you have a good garage or don't mind re-applying every few weeks.

I've got 476s for the winter months, and also don't mind re-applying every few weeks, as I top up the wax avery 4 weeks atm as it stands :)

Hai on my side Kev <3

Paul, shexy.

Gex, not limited to CYC I would buy Chem Guys Sealent with something like Onyx, but that might be out of budget (can never remember whether it's 40 quid or 80, big difference I know, but don't need to buy that often!!

Porsche Boxster987S
nah i know matey , was just a wee wind up for jamie:rasp:;)

And btw mate , dont look into the whole ''what dodo wax suits my colour'' rubbish. They all do the same but smell different

Mini JCW
Cheers for the prompt, informative replies :)

It seems swissvax onyx is the way to go (had already looked at this previously).

Cheers :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Onyx will look awesome my friend!

I still heart dodo stuff for the summer! ;)

Porsche Boxster987S
BOS ftw tbh. Pricey though

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I was all set to try dodo juice next but after this thread it looks like i'll have to go for onyx instead!

Megane R26
Lot of Onyx love on here! It's okay I guess :)

I'd go for Britemax 4/5/6S combo... looks awesome on metallic blue ;)

For the price, Onyx will outlast and willing to bet, it will look better as well . . . just think these DJ waxes are a bit of a phase, but just IMO :)

Megane R26
For the price, Onyx will outlast and willing to bet, it will look better as well . . . just think these DJ waxes are a bit of a phase, but just IMO :)

A 2 year phase? Pretty big one!!

Have you actually tried Supernatural or any of the newer waxes?

Tried Blue Velvet, SN and . . . purple phase (;)). Didn't think that much to all of them, especially for the price, but just personal opinion I guess. Might be stuck in my ways though :rasp:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Wax is wax is wax...Looks wise you'd struggle to see the improvements over an ill prep'd bus. Is just find the Swissvax range easy to apply, buff off and certainly BOS/Saphir lasts well over a month!! It's a great wax!

Wax is wax is wax...Looks wise you'd struggle to see the improvements over an ill prep'd bus. Is just find the Swissvax range easy to apply, buff off and certainly BOS/Saphir lasts well over a month!! It's a great wax!

You're forgetting the most important part! Its smell!

Bumder With A Buffer
I reapply every month without fail. Whether I need to is another matter. I don't see a drop in beading.

Cool....I have been using DJ Velvet over the summer, car is wearing a layer of Nattys Blue at the moment...Want to eat the damn stuff it smells soo nice!

Nattys is very good IMO, but that is only because I re-applied often.

Onyx on clients' cars works very well for me.