ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

02 172 ....Carpets soaking!

Clio Sport 172
Ok so I picked the car up last weekend guy had had it standing for a few months and it smells damp...lifted the mates today and what do i find...absoloutley soaking carpets!! what the hell can it be? Ive had heater matrix mentioned but its still working? Any ideas?

Renaultsport Clio 197 R27
mite sound silly and obvious but have you checked the drain that takes the water after it runs down windowscreen mine had blocked and mine was soaked inside

BMW M135i
mite sound silly and obvious but have you checked the drain that takes the water after it runs down windowscreen mine had blocked and mine was soaked inside
+1 same thing happened to mine. Had to strip all the carpets and foam out to dry it though so most of the front interior seats etc. The drain is at the bottom of the skuttle panel in the middle.

Clio Sport 172
Yeh ive started stripping them back as im on holiday for a week so theres a bit of time to let them dry out, right I will check this in the morning! hopefully its a simple fix :cool:

Renaultsport Clio 197 R27
yea it should be mate i didn't have time take seats out so i had put heating on full blast lol but all dry lol just glad it wasn't the matrix

BMW M135i
If you strip all the seats, carpets and underfoam out and spray the hose over the car if it leaks into the drivers footwell from the bottom of the heater then it'll be the skuttle drain. You'll be able to see it dribbling in with the carpets etc out.

Otherwise could be the windscreen or the back arches.

Clio Sport 172
right...taking theseats out, whats the best way to do it? do you have to deactiate pretensioners etc?

Renault Clio Mk2 PH2 DCI
Could also doo with removing my seat moves alot plus the adjuster broke soo i cant move my seat good job im the only one who drives it!!