ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v V. 2.0 16v RS?

Clio 172 RS2
@ K1ngy and all other 1.2 16v owners!

Do you ever consider of buying a 2.0 16v RS?

Just curious... if people will make the final step of aquiring a true Clio RS?
(perhaps most can't be bothered after years of ownership and go for something completely different.)

Also to the peeps who go through all the trouble for making a 'replica'.
(dressing up with Phase 2 rearbumpers, eggcrate grills, sills and so on.)

Cheers,

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Do i qualify?

I had a 1.2, bought the C2 because the 1.2 was ready to blow up.

I will go back to a clio someday, i'd love a 200 but reality says 172 first. I will probably be in one before the end of the year.

Ask any of my mates and they all say i'll own a vee eventually :D

Renault Clio RS 182
I had a 1.2 16v for just under 2 years and swapped it for a 2.0l 182. BEST DESCISION I EVER MADE.

320d
Most 1.2 owners think about the switch, a lot do, most don't and move on to another car then some of them end up in an RS later.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure of the point of this thread, but i'm sure a large number of members here owned non sport models before they got their RS

alien green rs133
i dont want an rs, i feel its a cop out

i want to go as fast as i can without joining the masses :D

naughty blue lpg itb'd s1600 sport rep. WIN :D

The point in rep's is usually due to people owning the car for a couple of years to buld up NC, so make it look decent.
Don't know if I'd end up buying a sport though, theres much faster things out there.

1992 Mini City
Yeah, for the most part, owning a 1.2 over a 2.0 isn't a question of choice, it's a question of money, you know, insurance, the car itself, the limitation of youth.

But then again, some people buy them because they love ragging the testicles off it, and not really breaking the law...much.

Clio 172 RS2
@Marky: I was just wondering IF peeps still make the choice in the end to make the switch.

I do know money is put in the equation but still.

At the end of the day it's just a Clio... but what a hoot!
(the 2.0 16v RS that is)