ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 clio

hey!
when i pull away my car doesn't want to go and it makes a creaking noise??

i think its my brakes. what do you guys think?
its having its service at end of may.

helen x x

i know im a woman but im not that stupid!!
when i brake its fine..just when i pull away it creaks and doesn't wanna go anywhere!!

Dynamique + 1.2 16v
My car does the same occasionally.. Not entirely sure what it is, but it's not the handbrake being left on, nor the brakes. Some people think it's something to do with the suspension. It's a common problem with alot of clios, just like the bonnet fault.

Sorry can't help out, but if i find a solution, i'll post. x

had this on mine the other morning. Parked it up on thursday after it had been raining and when i came to move away on saturday the rear didnt wanna move. Gave it a few more revs and slowly pulled away, felt like the handbrake was stuck on.

Mine does it as well, when you reverse backwards sounds like a cracking noise, as if something comes unstuck.

Just put it down to to french engineering really.

LY 182
the handbrakes (drums) do tend to stick on when they've been left sitting about for a while

not really a problem but its a good idea to get them cleaned and adjusted every service (not a renault reccomendation but i tend to do it anyway) to make sure nothings sticking or binding

clio 1.2 M reg
i'd probs say its the self adjusters for the handbrake in the drum stickin common prob on most cars with drums