ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 engine mods

none :(

what engine mods are available for a 1.2 dynamique, and what prices would i be looking to pay .

i would like to put a 172 engine in there but finances wont allow that at the mo

Chocolate Bar™

viper - 200

cat back - 250

sports cat - 230

fuel regulator - 118

after that give up and get a better engine.

172 cup'd extreme

no point having a viper wont do anything much for the money
itg pannel filter £35 will do a decent job
no point having a cat back exhaust as the standard one has no middle box freeing the engine up a back box will be ok
de-cat (if you can find a friendly mot station)
There isnt a remap for the 1.2 16v engine
when i had mine i spoke to dblias and they said they can do cams that will add 12bhp for 220 euro
and a fuel regulator wont fit the 1.2 16v as there isnt a return.
the free power comes from your milage the more you do the faster it gets mine was rapid for a 1.2 with 70k on well until i blew the bottom end

172 cup'd extreme
  Chocolate Bar™

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 08 September 2005

no point having a viper wont do anything much for the money

and a fuel regulator wont fit the 1.2 16v as there isnt a return.
how come hillpower sell a fuel pressure regulator? and FSE power boost valves fit? that not the right thing.

i also found the viper makes a small but noticeable difference over the K&N panel filter i had before.

also 150 quid for dbilas cams, might give them a ring lol

[Edited by Middo on 08 September 2005 at 10:36pm]

172 cup'd extreme

i dont know how nick does it but if you look on an fse valve it has 3 connectors for 3 lines and the 1,2 has 2 lines and no return. earlier 1.2s did have 3 lines.
i have a viper i like it but sometimes i wonder if it was worth £200? compared to £40 for a panel is it worth spending a grand on the 1.2 for 10bhp max?

Chocolate Bar™

lol it isnt, however i never buy anything at full rrp :p so the viper was good value for money. i was interested in the fuel pressure regulator myself but now you mention it ive only seen them on the older clio 2s.

altho its a waste of money i could be tempted by cams, because i dont like doing mods that other people do lol.

172 cup'd extreme

i thought about spending on exhaust cams etc but when you think about it not much point i converted mine to 2 litre and never looked back

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

id be interested in hearing more about cams to.

sorry i didnt mean a remap, when i said that i ment a superchip. £300 from superchips.co.uk gets you +5BHP. (so they say anyway)

172 cup'd extreme

you need to get in touch with dbilas in germany you need to send your cams off to them . im sure piper or kent could do them in the uk ..... trouble is you will need some sort of remap to get the most out of them and the labour for changing them will be around £500ish (with a new belt) so your looking at a grand all in which imo aint worth it

ST

Just save for a year or so matey then get yourself a 172/182, IMO leave it at a panal filter and a stainless cat back on a 1.2 16v, you might want to get it handling a little better too, APEX kit, coilovers etc, power is nothing without control.

172 cup'd extreme

when i looked into it all i wanted a 1.6 16v but when i came down to it , it was the same price to do a 172 conversion as a 1.6/1.4 all in all so not even worth doing that unless your really young and can afford to insure it.
1.4 seems a better bet only 10hp down and about 5 insurance groups

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i got an insurance quote for £1,150 for a 1.6 16V Dynamique from norwich union, fully comp. with just me on the policy and the same quote but with my 1.2 16V instead was £1,050. i dont understand it...