ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.4 rt arches

Mk4 golf gti

How much work will i need 2 get 17s on a phase 1 clio. How will it cost at a body shop to modify the arches 2 get tem in?

cheers in advance :)

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Some people have fitted 17s with no problems but there seems to be a bit of difference from car to car. Some people get rubbing on 15s!!

Rick

I got 15s on and dont get any rubbing. The place I got the wheels from said he had fitted a few 16"wheels to RTs with no rubbing. But I cant see how I could have fitted 16s on mine cos the 15s are pretty close.

Paul

Skoda Fabia vRS

i get rubbin on my 15s, but when i finally remove the front crap guards it will be fine

Mk4 golf gti

so it seems to vary from car to car but surely they made the same etc. Juss have you done nefin to the arches how low r u etc

Clio Gtt

its an rl but i had 17s on with the standard arches.

the rims are toora platinum 8.

im about 40-45 at the back and 35 at the front. going a tad lower on the front soon i think.

Suzuki SV650

I just got some 15s and they rub a bit at the back esp over bumps or if the load is heavy at the back, gonna have a look at the arches sometime soon see if I can remove anything to help it. Ive not even lowered it yet!

Mk4 golf gti

So realy there aint 1 simple solution just depends how the car is etc. the width of the wheel is just as big factor and what tyres as well

Sweeney matbe u need lower profiles im sure u shudnt get rubbin especially if u aint lowered it yet.

I was finkin ov goin 4 15s with a 60mm drop has ne1 dun this does it work well etc

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

On my new RT ive got phase II valver rims on, theyre 15s. Its lowered 60mm at the back and 55mm on the front and ive never heard them scrub once yet, even with people in the back, only the exhaust scrapes then!

Handles much much better believe me.

im thinking of going for 16s on my rt. but i have a 5 door so causes all types of problems!!! going to have a 60mm drop at rear and 55 at front soon too!!!

alex u got uprated shocks as all?

i got 17s lowered 50mm at the front and about 60-70 rear wih about a grands worth of arch mods on my rt looks good tho!! ill try n post some pics

FRST and 106 GTi

ohh no. Just dont go any higher than 15x7... And dont come to me with the bullsh#$ that you wont lose speed on reving and topspeed.

17" only starting for 220bhp @ wheels I would say.

Suzuki SV650

Nicky I got 195/50/15 Goodyear tyres I think that the plastic bits on the rear arches (the guards or something?), are out of place a bit. I looked at my mates RT, (hes got Phase 2 valver 15s on his), and his plastic bits are more secure and further away from the wheel.

Can I take these plasticcy bits off? Someone has told me that I will need to treat the arch underneath the bits with some underseal or something???

iv got 16/195/45s on mine and its lowerd 80-90(got told when it was done it was 110) at the back 50 at the front

front scrubs on full lock and if driving hard has a tendacy to cathc the arch lip

ripped out the inner archs on the back and it doesnt rub at all even 5 in the car!!used to catch the bracket that holds on the bumper but 2 min wi an angle grinder sorted that!!!http://www.ctech.ca/stephenemmonds/rustyarch_clio.jpg