ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1 x Car, 2 x seperate insurance policies?

Ok. I have 2 months left on current policy but I don't want to lose this years NCD. What do I do? I wanted to move my policy onto my sisters car until then but for the above reason, this can't be done.

Any advice..?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Back when I was a nipper and didn't really understand insurance, I just never cancelled my policy on a car I sold while I was looking for it's replacement. When I had bought my new car about a month later, I called the company and transferred the policy over.

I assume this would be illegal as well ans both myself and the new owner wuold have been insured on my old car at the same, but I honestly didn't know it was wrong so could just have pleaded ignorance...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive got a car siting in a workshop with no engine, maybe you could insure that?!!!
Or alternatively buy a shitter from an auction and run it for 2 months.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I sold my 1.2 16v 4 months before the policy expired and let it run. Not ideal but as long as you never claim on both policies.

Silver 182 F/F
If you tell them your no longer the owner of the car but don't want any money back for the remaining insurance surley that would class as a full years NCD you can't have a claim when you haven't got it.

I have just suspended my policy with Admiral whilst I had sold my car, buggered off overseas then came back to my new car. :)

I was in the exact same boat as you Badinvincible - when i called them & expalined she went - its ok, you'll just lose that years ncd - hmmm yeah like fvck i will - so i waited till it ran out a few months later, so i got that years ncd renewed it, then sold the car.
when i got my new car (about three months into the policy) I just rang them & swapped it over.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Just phone them and tell them you want to suspend your policy as you are between cars. Did this when I got the clio. You only get a few quid back but better than just letting the policy run and avoids losing your no claims.