ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

100% complete 172RWD! - updated

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Just been told my cars not going to make fcs2010!

I'm still going tho!

It's being held up due to engine mountings being
made.

Has to sit level for drive shafts/gear linkage etc.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Can't wait any longer!

I'm just going to try forget about rwd Clio till it's done.

Iv bought a ph1 172 !
Me and a mate are going to have a dab at track days.
Needs bit of work tho.
Gearbox,starter,stripping etc.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
will be worth the wait tho im sure .. rather get it right teh first time and enjoy its full potential than have a wonky engine etc .

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Engine mounts in now!
Had to b specially made.

Think I might get a little vibration!lol
love it.

Wiring is being done over next couple weeks.
Taking a while as I beforehand cut wired out the are needed etc.

The coolant system is being sorted also.
All the radiator pipes are going to be made in one unit that links front to rear
tucked neatly up in the exhaust well.
Well that's what it was before lol

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Jesus, longest project thread ever! :rasp:

Having second thoughts yet?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Ah least you're not stuck without a car then, someone came to work the other day with a 172 lump in the back of a renault 5, that was pretty cool!

172 cup
Ah least you're not stuck without a car then, someone came to work the other day with a 172 lump in the back of a renault 5, that was pretty cool!

andrew warrens by any chance?

this might interest you also, it's a compound charged rear engined r5

P1010689.jpg

a00e08d3.gif

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
ph1 on the road.

rwd clio ------water pipes are on the way and will be tig welded into one unit under the car.
theres also been some new decisions on the turbo side of things!
more about that later!

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Anybody interested in a t25 turbocharger?
With t25 172/182 exhaust manifold?
£450

Only done 15,000miles.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Steve I'll ask aroud as a few people have been PM'ing me about turbo conversions.

Is it the manifold or the downpipe that comes with the turbo? and is it Ktecs kit or BBPT's kit?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Bbpt one.

There is just an elbo part of the exhaust coming out of turbo

also comes with turbo manifold(log)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
It must be a big one to move away from a t25 manifold :)

TBH I posted ages ago in here that it seemed such a shame to have so much space and not fit something bigger, I'll be honest though I would've just stuck a t25 spacer plate on the manifold you have to move the comp housing away form the manifold, then slotted in the gt3071r as it has a t25 flange and flows upto 480bhp

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
I'm still using a T25 flange just thought I'd sell
this turbo with the manifold

Thought Id try sell to a ClioSport member first fir a Clio turbo conversion.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Sounds like an unnessecary expense to me, is your turbo too close to the boot lid? and you need a tubular to move it to fit the larger unit?

With you going RWD are you still using the same intercooler, intercooler pipework, injectors, air filter etc..... as you might find it easier to sell as a complete kit, just a thought. As I looked at doing exactly the same thing when I was selling my turbo kit but no one was really that bothered untill I put the full conversion up for sale.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
LOL look at all that space!

I'm actually slightly envious ;)

However I still don't understand why your ditching your current manifold that BBPT/Engine dynamics claim to have run 380 bhp with?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I remember the day you started this project, once finished I think you should go through and create a comment-less version for us to read from start to finish.

Hopefully this'll be on the road by the spring next year, get a good springs/summers use out of it.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I remember the day you started this project, once finished I think you should go through and create a comment-less version for us to read from start to finish.

Hopefully this'll be on the road by the spring next year, get a good springs/summers use out of it.

This ^^

Im to lazy to trawl through 62 pages when 40+ will be spam

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
I'm not !!!
I said I'd sell the manifold with the turbo if or was going to q good home--Clio????

Nobody wants it so I'm going to sell it elsewhere.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Well that clears that up then :)

Looking forward to seeing this up and running and must admit I'll be some what dissapointed if you don't become a member of the 300+ clio club ;)