ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

100k Miles suspension refresh on my Clio 172... make me faster please!

Im planning a refresh of the suspension on my clio 172 (2002).
Im planning to fit new genuine cup shocks all round (rears are the same between the 172 and 172 cup, right?)
Combined with eibach -30mm springs (sportline?)

Anything else that would be worth doing while im at it? planning on doing a track day (28th march donny) so i think id be intredted in some neg camber...

budget of upto £100 for exta bits over and above what im already planning... what would you guys do?

So:
New shocks
Sportline springs
Camber bolts?/shims?
Full wheel alignment?
ARB bushes?
Engine mounts?
etc..

Car is at 100k miles.
Thanks adam

Well Ive got a £100 budget to play with so in order of importance realy, Ive recently changed the ball joints and track rod ends.

Top mounts how much would they be?

Im after a list of what you would do and how much it would cost for parts ( I can fit it)

So:
1.Top mounts - (£40?)
2.etc

All the bushes up front. May as well as your re-newing the suspension.

Ive just done a search for bushes up front, alot of info on powerflex bushes etc, however I think I just want OEM.
Which bushes would I need, how much would they cost, and where could I get them from?

1.Inner/outer ARB
2.ermmmmmm what other bushes are there lol

225 Cup & Williams
Eibach camber bolts £20 iirc and a Whiteline rear ARB. Ive both of them combined with 172 cup shocks and sportline springs and I find it an excellent setup.

Okay well although thats out of my budget (£100) I guess i can justify it as I can sell it on when I change my car ;)

So whiteline ARB, and some oem bushes up front? But which ones.. ARB?

Thanks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Forget the whiteline

I'd be looking at new wishbones, new top mounts, new ARB oem bushes. Also rear axle bushes, but that's quite a big job, but always get ignored. Unfortunately, £100 wont cover that lot, but with new dampers and springs and a re track it'll feel like new.

Sprint 172
I did a similar thing last year. I opted for track rod ends and bottom ball joints + alignment. Should be within your budget.

340i
£100 will not get you much...

top mounts are pretty much £50 each with the updated spacer.

New 172 shock absorbers are £50~ each.

Eibach Sportlines are £100~ second hand on here.

Camber bolts £15~

ARB inner and outer bushes, I believe powerflex are cheaper...