ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

106 knocking noise problem with video

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Hello. I have had this knocking noise for a while now, it's sometimes worse than others and sometimes it's not even there :s

I was in neutral rolling in the video, its coming from the right hand side (drivers side in the UK)

Any ideas? Garage couldn't find anything and checked all underneath car and nothing was loose etc...

aa131ce3.mp4
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j363/kaneryantipping/aa131ce3.mp4
[/FONT]

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Could be anything - CV joint, drivers side mount, ball joint on the wishbone, wishbone mounts, ARB droplinks etc. Get the wheel off and get a pry bar in there and give stuff a wiggle

Just had a look under the car and shook this around, it seems to replicate the noise it makes when I move it. I don't know what it is, is it meant to have a little play in it? It does the same both sides.

6716d7d9.jpg

106 GTi
That's your anti-roll bar, and it will be the droplinks that require replacing more than likely, is the noise constant or just when going over bumps?

Just when rolling on a straight you can only hear it from 0-10 mph. It makes no difference if im
going over bumps/turning left/right.

I take it the drop links are connected to the anTi roll bar in the pic?

Black Sheep
Replace the link. Should be cheap for the replacement.

If that fails, take it to Jock at English mechanics.

I think this is the problem...

ef6a151b.jpg

Just need to tighten the f**ker now.

Also, steering rack looks like of has play in it (moves left and right as normal but it also seems to go forward a bit too) any other way to see if it's gone? It feels fine but maybe I don't know any different as it could have been like it when I bought it.