ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:(

Punto/Clio GTT
just turned a corner in the car n got a puddle of water fall into my lap :(

bets on leaky sunroof or leaky aerial or both?

LiquidPhoto.co.uk
you wet yourself really!!! :rasp:

im gona have to resort to duct tape on mine!

Clean teh seal between glass and frame, and soften it up with soap, and then coat with vasaline. Check this isn't split/cracked etc Check connection between arial and roof, and if necessary silicone the underside of the arial, as there is no seal on this. FINAL resort, remove sunroof completely and clean around it and reseal it, bedding it in with silicone

Sunroof.

Just seal it up with silcone until you can take it to bits...chances are it'll go again with a quick fix so i'd do it properly to save having to mess with it again. Half a days work inc a pot noodle stop...easy.

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
This happens to me, and it's soooooooooo annoying! Grrr! Goes over ur headunit if u brake too hard too! :O

I did some serious looking at mine, with a jug of water...pouring it on the roof and seeing where it went in... Hmm, I still couldn't find out if it was the aerial or sunroof... Grrr! But yea... immobiliser electrics in there... as long as soonroof switch and maplight... not the kinda stuff I want getting wet!

Dunno if this is related either... but sometimes my IR immobiliser reciever stops working, I have to open the car manually with the key, and then Yank out the reciever, and give it a good cleaning with my hands... then pop it back in and it will work... I think it's the condensation from the leaking water, builds up inside the reciever plastic-cover and blocks the signal.

*sigh*

-Akira

ere so wat if the batt goes flat in mine (mk1 remote ) is there another way i can get past the imoboliser ? thanks all aaron

FOR SALE: '97 Clio 1.4 RT
New battery... hoorar! :]

Haha, apart from that... I don't know... and the kind of person who does know... you don't want them near your car :p

-Akira

Akira2506 said:
Dunno if this is related either... but sometimes my IR immobiliser reciever stops working, I have to open the car manually with the key, and then Yank out the reciever, and give it a good cleaning with my hands... then pop it back in and it will work... I think it's the condensation from the leaking water, builds up inside the reciever plastic-cover and blocks the signal.

Can be...can also be the water corroding the reciever circuit board - take it out and if its got white stuff over/around the circuits then you'll need to clean that off too.