ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

10K boost, can it hurt

Hi people,

Just spoken to one of me mates about 10k boost and he recons you should spay it after the air mass sensor on the thottle body as it can be damaging! I know the cans warn about Vauxalls but I, as most just pop the filter out and spray it into the throttle body. He normally knows his stuff but is he just confused this time or is there something in it?

Cheers

in a word - no.

Just apray it in the to the thorttle body while its partly open, keep shaking the can and spraying - you should get some wierd noises and also a lot of smoke but its fine

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah its only Vauxhalls that are weird. Clio 16vs dont even have an air mass sensor - they calculate air mass using signals from the air inlet temp sensor, the MAP sensor and the crank-angle (rpm) sensor.

Just take the air filter off, warm the engine, get some gloves on and hold the throttle cable out so it revs it around 2500 and get spraying. Make sure you are aiming it at the smaller throttle plate at the top of the egg. The larger throttle plate will not open at 2500 revs so the 10k boost stuff will just run down the side and onto the floor!

Its perfectly safe, I just did mine again last weekend.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Nick - did it make a difference? I did it on my old Pug 306 D Turbo, and it didnt really seem to do anything??

BMW 320d Sport

Yeah it gets the crap ouyt of the engine. But its really just giving it a clean bill of health. Works best on abused engines so if you look after yours it wont make much difference!

It was livelier after I did it, but I had a bit of a blitz on the engine last weekend, did the 10k boost, cleaned the K&N and re-oiled it, took out the plugs and cleaned them up.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

I put some in the misses Metro this weekend and it now ticks over sweet as a nut and sounds more healthy in general... The stuff that comne out the can looks like soapy water, which I am told is not to far of the truth...