ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

12v Socket

Williams 2 & 182 FF
Hi

I have 2 questions which can't seem to find the answer to using the search function:

1.. Cigarette lighter works but my 12v USB adaptors socket does not.. I presume dodgy connection ...
2. So i thought I would replace the socket and bulb (that has blown), but how do you remove the socket from the plastic surround?

You would think this would be a 5 min job, any help or advice appreciated

Mark

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Have you tried the usb adapter in another car to check it works? I assume you know the cigarette lighter in yours doesn't work because you've tried other things? Or else it could be the fuse.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Some adaptors have the positive pin too short for clios.
^^^this^^^

I've had this the other day in a slightly different scenario (with an after market added 12v socket in a different car plus a Berlin twin USB adaptor) - annoyingly the centre pin wouldnt reach the +12v plate inside. So definitely check out the length of your USB adaptor is of a suitable length first.