ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

17’s on valver

clio 20v

ive borrowed a set of 17" masitaly vt7s off my g/f golf to see how my car would look

it looks fukin mint spesh with the drop its got any1 whos seen the car while mat or me had it will kno how low it is

its not as half a nice drive tho acceleration an braking and how it sits on the rd is nowhere near as good but it looks sooooooo good

im tempted to get a set just for shows but the 16s wud have to go on for daily driving i need to 28 point turn onto my drive

imo a valver on 17s is running nowhere near its potential, grip is really improved but after that it really does suffer spesh uphill

17s for show 16s for go

adi

clio williams, Ph1 172

I didnt notice that much difference tbh mate. I had 16s before. Just I get a bit of catching now thats all. The profile on 17s is lower anyway 40 series rather than 45 on 16s so it aint that much bigger.

I have 17s for the look but I also have a set of standards but it looks sh*te with standards on. Which you may have noticed on the RR day. A nice set of wheels make a car.

clio 20v

17s do look the dogs but imo performance really suffers my 17s are really really heavy compared to 16s the size isnt that differant but i dont like em

adi

clio williams, Ph1 172

weight can have something to do with it. Mine seem quite light really/ They are Team dynamics. I had 16 inch TSWs before. The phase 1s are the lightest wheels for sure.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

16s r the best compramise IMO & with how low urs is Adi i bet 16s look big anyway!

I couldnt live with my 17s hench selling them; jus too harsh a drive and performance sapping, great cornering abilities though.

clio 20v

my 16" speedlines with 195/45/16 tyres are exactly same as the standard rims in overall size and weight

didnt you have 205/45/16 tyres on ur 16s ben which is probably why it was differant

adi

Yeah, thats right. The 16s were a 7.5j and werent very light (crappy "Motorsport" Team Dynamics things). The Phase2 are proper Speedline wheels ("Vega" I think) and are only 6.5j, so weigh a lot less.

With the 195/50/15 rubber, theyve got more sidewall to be softer on the limit and the thinner wheels give more tyre overhang, so the car rolls a little more, but feels much better on the limit and wont snap so easily.

I think big wheels always look nice, but when you consider they cost nearly a grand... you could buy some really excellent coilovers and have some cash to spare (if you didnt already have them). Makes you think twice, especially with a 16v that has 15s anyway - not exactly bad looking wheels as standard unlike say a Fiesta RS Turbo.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_b/286000-286999/286766_17_full.jpg

As low as you like. Plenty of room in those fat arches. I guess youre not after the holy grail of handling perfection if youre using 17s anyway...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

My 17s weigh a ton. And performance is definately affected. Iv had a few weeks with 15s and a few with 17s and 15s are a lot better drive. But teh 17s look so much better! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr