ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 alarms

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

had a bit of a barney with local dealer today over the alarm my 172 has, they said it was aftermarket which it isnt. Inside mine has 2 wee black circular items, 1 each side of the pillar at the driver side and passenger side, plus the key locks the car and activates the alarm and is renault standard. Anyone else had guff off there dealer wi this??

Plus i believe that the 172/182s turn up at the dealers without an alarm fitted and it is done at the dealer - is this true? I know all 172/182 have thatcham cat 2 alarms as standard but im sure i heard that they werent fitted at the factory, could of course be pisch.:confused:

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

this is in the wrong forum i just noticed - whooooooooops

still getting used to it all - :cry::eek::p a month later!!!!!!!!!

sounds like the standard alarm to me. The alarms are fitted at the import centre not the dealers.

Do you have the LED in the gear surround?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by R20 CWH on 22 February 2005I know all 172/182 have thatcham cat 2 alarms as standard but im sure i heard that they werent fitted at the factory, could of course be pisch.:confused:

My insurance company checked on the system when getting qwotes for a mk1 172 as they required a Cat2 immob, they came back and said the standard unit is a Cat 1!

I also have the two sensors either side, I also have a fitting certificate from Renault in with my service history so have a poke around for the cert then tell them to ram it!

Full Fat 182 - Was..

the alarm IS fitted by Renault at the Southhampton import centre. same as your locking wheel nuts to comply with the standards for CAT 1

if your dealer is saying its after market and sh*t like that tell them you paied for a car with CAT 1 fitted as standard. it is irrelevent on where it was fitted but it should have one fitted by RENAULT

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 22 February 2005

sounds like the standard alarm to me. The alarms are fitted at the import centre not the dealers.

Do you have the LED in the gear surround?
yip got that and to answer the other one i do have the certificate in teh handbook so just a wee check as i was just wanting to nail the dealer confidentially which i did - YEH!!!

iv since checked a few other 172s iv seen around. ta for the help as usual guys

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

R20 CWH- Just to comfirm with whats being said, yes my 172 is exactly the same-came with cat1 alarm fitted with sensors either side of the door pillars inside the car plus the flashing l.e.d on the gear surround. ALSO in my paperwork ive just found my certificate of installation of security system.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 23 February 2005

R20 CWH- Just to comfirm with whats being said, yes my 172 is exactly the same-came with cat1 alarm fitted with sensors either side of the door pillars inside the car plus the flashing l.e.d on the gear surround. ALSO in my paperwork ive just found my certificate of installation of security system.
cheers j - knew car wasnt an import but wanted to be confident when i write off to dealer to clear up issue and stop them from messing arond in future.