ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 steering wheel swap to 197

200 cup & 106 GTi
So we've ascertained that the splines are probably the same, meaning it should be possible. I'm guessing the airbag isn't included in the £150 for the renaultsport 197 wheel, so i'd need to get a price on that.

Anyway on to my point, with 200+ people on the list with faulty standard RS steering wheels, would say half of them be willing to chip in a few quid to buy a steering wheel, for someone(possibly me) to work on adapting. I have an extensive electronics and mechanical background so would endeavour to modify the wheel & wiring etc to fit the 182 and make a guide on how to do so.

Sounds quite far fetched but all it takes is one person to buy a wheel and make it fit.

I drove a 197 for a while and the wheel is so much nicer, made of real leather rather than plastic crap, chunkier & has the stripe down it.

What do you think?

C

clvs2222

lol, your asking people to give you money to buy you a new wheel! dont think any1 on here is daft enough to do that.