ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Turbo Conversion Kit - £2600

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
I have dropped an email to them to enquire about the fitting costs if I drive over there to have it done (and stay somewhere). Hardly costs anything to get to Holland. Will report back.

Rob

A

ashy_gtt

Does this kit run a 5th injector? or do you fit bigger injectors?

I'm assuming you do one or the other becasuse if not theres no way you are running 220bhp even at 100% duty.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Does this kit run a 5th injector? or do you fit bigger injectors?

I'm assuming you do one or the other becasuse if not theres no way you are running 220bhp even at 100% duty.

prob larger injectors as mines at 250bhp and iv been told they would max out about 300bhp.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Yep, check his posts from the last couple of months
Seems he has problem with MOT though because of the set-up he's running
yeh, a turbo running rich, that's not normal is it? (Note sarcasm)

Incidentally the map was done by henk.....it was running rich at fast idle, why it failed mot and was running too lean everywhere else!.... says alot for the mapping.....

Now the car has been remapped by paul at rstuning and is running the correct fuelling. I would not trust my car with them tbh, 50bhp less than quoted by bbpt! It's now running safely around 250bhp.
same as mine now then lol.
every rr will be different tho mate.

Question for MillerLight. My 172 has a Drag Strip of 14.9 and 92mph with better air induction and all except rear muffler removed. Can you tell me why you have 2 seperate times for 1/4 mile and why they are different?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
I am interested in this kit but have a couple of questions: -
1. where is the oil feed taken from the block for the turbo?
2. where abouts does the oil return locate into the sump?
3. where is the coolant feed taken from for the turbo?
4. where is the coolant returned to?

cheers
dez

Afaik, the turbo isn't watercooled. Ask MBCarperformance for such details.
hi henk,is it just oil feed from oil pressure sensor?
and why do you use a non water cooled turbo?cheeper?

2005 liquid yellow 182
k-tec do a turbo conversion fully fitted for £6000. all a case of if u no how to fit it, then buy this one! lol but ive heard if u turbo a non turbo engine then u come across aload of problems? is this true?

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
k-tec do a turbo conversion fully fitted for £6000. all a case of if u no how to fit it, then buy this one! lol but ive heard if u turbo a non turbo engine then u come across aload of problems? is this true?
yh like every conversion.
if it was straight foward and easy then everyone would just do it?:D

2016 Audi RS3
This doesn't seem a bad price for a complete conversion. I've just looked on the MBPerformance website and tbh their prices for individual parts are shocking. €590 for the turbo manifold alone? Makes BBPT look cheap!

RS RIP
This doesn't seem a bad price for a complete conversion. I've just looked on the MBPerformance website and tbh their prices for individual parts are shocking. €590 for the turbo manifold alone? Makes BBPT look cheap!

That's around 420 pounds; is that expensive ? I actually i do'nt know... seems okay for a specialized exhaust-manifold ?

RS RIP

Not correct..This price is of a different manifold; the one in the kit is only just over 200pound , VAT included :eek:

Just checked.

so after 11 pages has anyone bought and tried this, or is the assumption that it's cheap and therefore will blow your engine to bits?

RS RIP
mostly foreign ; i know a dutch guy from our dutch forum having his car there (182). Will ask him to post up his findings. Couple of people from abroad with snow-tip mountains i've heard.

The testcar is still going sweet, the one i drove. Maurice rides it around it , uses it as a daily driver. I'm thinking people hesitate because they do'nt trust all the "sales-talk" of tuners in general. These guys are so mellow, Fastchip Henky backing them up ; they invested in this project wanting quality and they succeeded. Marketing such a thing is the next step.. You watch, when the first one in England decides to leap, the rest will follow. It's, in my eyes, a gen product.

I'm also following this, when i see/hear anything i'll be posting.

182 for sale £7000
turbo with no internal work sounds a bit risky to me,im gettin throttle bodies for cheaper than that and it wil give me that much power mayb mor wit my cams etc plus you cant beat the roar from bodies