ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Turbo Conversion Kit - £2600

RS RIP
when not going for clutch-dump starts in first gear, and shift correctly it should be fine
It's because of the aluminium housing that the box is weak. So when you thrash it, the power will probably eventually break it i guess..
The 200NM they (Reno) have come up with has been set at this after thousands, probably around 200,000 of hard-testing kilometers to simulate life span of an engine.
i'm not too worried about the box, with my style of driving i never get wheelspin (around curves yes) , i tend to skip first gear and let go in second
The way they have driven the demo car up till now, many thousand km of hard thrashing, has'nt hurt the box yet.

Back to this turbo package, where is Henk when we want him to explain things to us :)

1. Fuel consumption, when not booting it.
2. Typical 0-60 time for such a kit.
3. If the boost could be notched up any further, although guessing that would kill a clutch/internals/box pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

1) Same, off boost.
2) Dunno, depends on front tyres really.
3) If you think you'll be needing more boost, save up for a high boost conversion.

RS RIP
Back to this turbo package, where is Henk when we want him to explain things to us :)

1. Fuel consumption, when not booting it.
2. Typical 0-60 time for such a kit.
3. If the boost could be notched up any further, although guessing that would kill a clutch/internals/box pretty quickly.

1) Same, off boost.
2) Dunno, depends on front tyres really.
3) If you think you'll be needing more boost, save up for a high boost conversion.[/quote]

With my Exalto's, which stick like mad, i'll be doing it in 5 seconds :eek:

SLK 350
Nope but I'm curious as to how much extra power it would deliver with cams, I'm just trying to make some plans for budgeting purposes.

Henk, how much fitting would this take for 2 people to work on, looking at 6-8 hours you think?

Also as the vast majority of the club owners are UK based, how would it work if I for example handed you £2700 today for the kit, would it simply be delivered to my door in boxes with manuals and that's it?

I think there's a market for you here within the club, but many folk are looking for that reassurance understandably. And if for example 6 months down the line my engine blows up because of this, what warranty is there (if any).

Cheers.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
How would a warranty work? They arnt fitting it just supplying parts. For all Henk knows you might fit it, bounce it off the limiter in every gear and wonder why your engine blows up x ammounts of months down the line.

Obviously I would have thought there would be some sort of warrenty on the parts purchased though?!

Your engine might blow up because of it, but your engine might blow up standard if you drive it like a t**t.

Not saying you would :)

visualize whirled pe
I've just asked if they are planning on doing turbo conversions for the smaller engined clio's as this is the area which interests me most. ie not just sticking a larger engine in and instead making an average car quicker via forced induction. (rather than making a quick car even quicker ala 1*2 turbo)

RS RIP
I think they'll be able to check the data recorded in the new management. they told me about this. When raising turbo pressure, too bad then because it'll be found in the data.

I might be wrong on this, but it's a genaral idea of what we talked about.

The parts will be delivered in boxes with manual and you should be able to do it in 2 days, he does it by himself in two days so...

172 Cup
I am interested in this kit but have a couple of questions: -
1. where is the oil feed taken from the block for the turbo?
2. where abouts does the oil return locate into the sump?
3. where is the coolant feed taken from for the turbo?
4. where is the coolant returned to?

cheers
dez

RS RIP
I think they'll be able to check the data recorded in the new management. they told me about this. When raising turbo pressure, too bad then because it'll be found in the data.

I might be wrong on this, but it's a genaral idea of what we talked about.

The parts will be delivered in boxes with manual and you should be able to do it in 2 days, he does it by himself in two days so...

This was about the warranty remarks, did'nt look very clear without the quote sorry

Nope but I'm curious as to how much extra power it would deliver with cams, I'm just trying to make some plans for budgeting purposes.
At the moment the standard exhaust is holding it back. Even so, it beats a 270 BHP/380 Nm Impreza !

Also as the vast majority of the club owners are UK based, how would it work if I for example handed you £2700 today for the kit, would it simply be delivered to my door in boxes with manuals and that's it?
For now, all conversions will be carried out by MBCarperformance in Holland.

And if for example 6 months down the line my engine blows up because of this, what warranty is there (if any).
That won't happen. We installed a 'knock controller' to prevent this.
We don't need blown up engines either....

I am interested in this kit but have a couple of questions: -
1. where is the oil feed taken from the block for the turbo?
2. where abouts does the oil return locate into the sump?
3. where is the coolant feed taken from for the turbo?
4. where is the coolant returned to?

cheers
dez

Afaik, the turbo isn't watercooled. Ask MBCarperformance for such details.

RS RIP
Allright, did'nt know about the assembly in Holland.

Definately quality job then :cool:

Just bought some H&R's, have to do some overtime at work and save up for this goody

Can't wait

R35 GTR
so is your 182 turbo for sale??

Yep, check his posts from the last couple of months
Seems he has problem with MOT though because of the set-up he's running
yeh, a turbo running rich, that's not normal is it? (Note sarcasm)

Incidentally the map was done by henk.....it was running rich at fast idle, why it failed mot and was running too lean everywhere else!.... says alot for the mapping.....

Now the car has been remapped by paul at rstuning and is running the correct fuelling. I would not trust my car with them tbh, 50bhp less than quoted by bbpt! It's now running safely around 250bhp.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
I ve only jus red the first page of this thread so i apologise now if ive missed something!
This price with everyone jumping about is all well and good but its jus for buying the kit is it not?
The reason why the bb tuning conversion is 5k is because that includes fitting. Im sure when i use to go there they quoted two-three weeks labour to get this all fitted!
As well fastchip are/were the company bb use to do ALL their mapping. When my car was first mapped it was done by Hank@Fastchip but he came over here to do it cos they had some agreement that any fastchip mapping done in the Uk was done through them.
But if you go to Holland bb cant say anything as its not in Uk.
Dont know if this makes any sense of sheds any light on the thread.
Once again apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Also to had to what Legohead has said. I first had my car remapped by Fastchip vis BB which made such a difference it felt like another car however once the cams package went in,in my view it didnt matter how good fastchips mapping was as the cams were set up completely wrong which is why i had so much problems and resulted in me being £1600 out of pocket with no way of proving how it was wrong!

The reason why the bb tuning conversion is 5k is because that includes fitting. Im sure when i use to go there they quoted two-three weeks labour to get this all fitted!

Fitment will be cheap as its a plug in unit. Most people who fit them will do it themselves IMO so labour at this level not an issue.

BB kit is so much as they stick some low compression pistons in so that cost includes a stripped down engine as such plus they stick an uprated clutch in there.

RS RIP
just bought a suzuki Alto, want to get the Cup in a garage and save on fuel..

First the seats are going to be changed for some 15pound Sparcos' , back seat is coming out, H&R's have arrived :D

hope this deal with the Alto works for me to save up for this final mod

RS RIP
not many i guess....

maybe i'll be first one on Cliosport.net ?

Fitted my H&R's today... thats one big cost out of the way !

RS RIP
There are some cars there for the turbo-build ; starting Januari. International customers, one of em Dutch like me... he beat me to it :dapprove:

So i guess the first reactions/expierences will be posted some time beginning next year

Clio 172 mk2
That kit looks pretty neat....not silly boost either so should fill the lack of torque at the bottom/mid range.