ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 anoying squeak!

clio 172 MKII

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this - a squeak has developed and its quite noticable from inside the car - seems to be coming from passenger foot well area (perhaps suspension) but only when turning to the left at any speed...

anyone anyone buler....

mmmm, had loads of rattles, squeaks, knocking sounds etc from my 172. never nothing from passengers seide footwell though.

someone must of had this same problem, im sure its not a first lol

clio 172 MKII

this started one week ago and is now very bad...dont know whether to take it into renault or not - doin my head in now -

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Mines doing it as well, cant work out what in the passenger footwell is making the noise!

Its the only squeak I have :(

Is it the CD changer where it is attached under the passenger chair?

I just sprayed some WD40 on the fixings and it cured it. For the time being anyway.

Suzuki SV1000S

Is this on a mk2 172? or a mk1 172. Mine has only ever had one squeek and it came from the rear seat, single seat - sounds like it is coming from the passenger foot well though. It is because it wasnt pushed back properly. Pull the rear seat forward and shut it again and see if that soughts it matey.. If it is a mk2 then well hummm you will have to live with it, my cup had loads of squeeks

Volvo S60 T5

Damn them Renault Mouses are a pain in the butt, if they dont get a bit of tender loving care they squeaks like mo fos.

Put some fresh pet food down and it will all be sorted:p

Now on a serious note, so many rattles and such on Renos its gona be near on impossible to tell ya what it is via the forum.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Mine is a mk1, will try the seat thing :)

Used to have a K reg 19 valver so know all about old Renaults, although the only squeak/noise I got from that as the old chesnut of the noisey speedo cable...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Fixed it! Was down by the fuse box, either a connector or wires were making the annoying noise, jigged them about a bit and now its stopped, bliss :)