ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup brake load sensing valve!!!!!

Renault Clio Sport
Hi all, my 52 plate 172 cup has failed its MOT on brake load sensing valve inoperative. I've been told it's not used and i've seen for myself it has no linkage arm to the rear axle, so has anyone come across the same problem and tell me how to resolve it pppppppplease :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Test has been carried out incorrectly. Inform the test station of this. If they argue, report them to VOSA

Renault Clio Sport
Thank you all folks, i viewed a previous thread about the same problem and have burnt to disc the pdf of the VOSA magazine stating the actuating arm on the cup versions is not fitted as standard and the pressure regulator is set to a predetermined value at factory. So i'll be telling the test centre to get in touch with VOSA and get clarification!!! :)

172 cup
happened to mine last week, the comensator valve wasnt working at all so few thumps with hammer and freed it off started working cable tied it up hey presto passed mot , makes very little diffrence whether it up or down anyway to be honest, notice no diffrence when driving

Clio cup172
no as they do seize, WD40 it and free it off, go nuts

Cheers for the quick reply mate its just with people saying it doesn't have a linkage arm and mine saying that the linkage had seized thought I had been done

Could someone clarify, or post a pic maybe? of exactly what the Cup load sensing valve looks like in comparison to a non cup?

I have a cup and I am certain there is spring/rod in between the linkage.

Should it be there?

Lionel Richie
give me 5min i'll go take a pic of a car on the lift now

and NO spring/rod should be fitted, people fit them after garages/MOT centres say its missing, ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THERE, £138 wasted

Awesome. Thank you!

If that's the case I suspect a previous owner must have done this.

Should it be removed?

Cheers