ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, Chester

Honda S2000
Saw a 52 plate Cup near the job centre when I was walking past. It's the first time I have seen another Cup around here!

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Might of been mine, parked on queens street i think, i dont live in chester though, down the road in ole Wrexham

There a few local forum member with then.
I take it it was unmodified ? Is so its prossibly greenfingers

Honda S2000
It was a couple of hours ago, about 1pm. On the opposite side of were the job centre is. I think it is called City Road. Does this mean that because there are so many Cups about my car is less special!!

Kelly_ said:
It was a couple of hours ago, about 1pm. On the opposite side of were the job centre is. I think it is called City Road. Does this mean that because there are so many Cups about my car is less special!!
Clio dci's are the rare Clios.

Honda S2000
I only work in Chester, I live near Warrington. I saw a 182 on the way home on Friday too. From not seeign any other clios, it seems like Chester is full of them!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i saw a cup, near the race course at around half ten yesterday..... standard looking, can't remember the reg, but had a broken front splitter!

i was walking down to the carpark opposite with the bird

172cup
gt_gaz said:
i saw a cup, near the race course at around half ten yesterday..... standard looking, can't remember the reg, but had a broken front splitter!

i was walking down to the carpark opposite with the bird

that was meeeeeeeeeeeeee yayy i got spotted

172cup
splitter clearly broken lol

DSC01153.jpg

Honda S2000
I overtook a dark blue 172 this morning and there was a HUGE man driving it. I swear i don't know how he fitted in it! No offense if it's anyone off here. He looked at least 20 stone.

Honda S2000
If I went to a meet you would have to excuse the state of my car as:

1. I've moved house and we have no hose yet
2. By the time I drove down the motorway it would be dirty again
3. I simply can't be bothered to clean it!

Maz

LY 200
^^ come the Dirty NW Meet hun and then you don't have to worry about any of the above ;)

Would be great to see you again

Maz :)

Kelly_ said:
If I went to a meet you would have to excuse the state of my car as:

1. I've moved house and we have no hose yet
2. By the time I drove down the motorway it would be dirty again
3. I simply can't be bothered to clean it!
You should see my car and I've not got that many excuses.
Anyway dirty cars have advantages as no one takes photos of them at meets.
Frasers Cup - Just cos its cack doen't mean its not rare, come to a CS meet then tell me my cars not rare.
Anyway I bet its been round the ring quicker than your car ;-)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
seen a cup parked up with with oval magnex and a gorgeous williams down city road today :)

Clio Williams
Williams is mine mate I work over the road opposite the job centre on City Road. Cup belongs to my mate who I work with. We park there every day, where do you work gaz?

The only other Cup I've seen in Chester was parked on City Road just before Christmas, had a twin exhaust pipe and CS stickers on it...

Last edited:
  Honda S2000
There was a modified black clio parked at Egerton Youth Centre in Knutsford this morning. I was going to start a new thread but there are that many clios around Chester it would take up all of the spotted section!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Tommo2 said:
Williams is mine mate I work over the road opposite the job centre on City Road. Cup belongs to my mate who I work with. We park there every day, where do you work gaz?

The only other Cup I've seen in Chester was parked on City Road just before Christmas, had a twin exhaust pipe and CS stickers on it...

i was only down there for a few days, we were working above the harkers (pub) at a new resturant opening soon

Cooper S
This thread should just be called Clio Spotting in Chester!
I seen a Black 182 coming out of Saltney on main roads towards Chester yesterday afternoon?

Honda S2000
^I know! I see that many.

Although I have a confession to make. I spotted a 172 Cup today in Hoole but I was test driving another car! As soon as I drove past the Cup I felt guilty, as if I was cheating on my car lol

interceptor said:
This thread should just be called Clio Spotting in Chester!
I seen a Black 182 coming out of Saltney on main roads towards Chester yesterday afternoon?
Was it a lowered one?
I saw one probably Tuesday probably at the Sainsburys roadabout 4.15 or so.

172cup
took my gf's clio there for various reasons....

they are incredibly incompetent. The garage workers are shared from the various lookers garaged surrounding ie vauxhall etc...

Charged 65quid for a diagnostic before even attempting to look at the braking problem ... charged labour @ 55quid an hour... and still never managed to fix and of the problems. Lied to us about the ignition coil on her car saying it wasn't the right one and renault never fitted this to her car (even though it was bought new, and never touched anywhere other than a renault garage) so voided the warranty.

This was all to my gf who doesn't have a clue about cars. Complete cowboys.

All of which was under warranty. I refused to pay in the end.

Lookers was origonally a S.London organisation, but had to move up north due to being well known as the worst dealership in the country. I thought everyone knew that.

d.brown said:
worst renault dealership in the world
When did you go they? They've had a lot of changed internally during last year and there much much better now.
I'd have no hesitation taking my car back there again the people on the sevice desk know what there on about now.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
another two spotted an hour go, black mk2 phase 2 172, near bill smiths motorbike shop, and a artic blue 182in the carpark opposite the racecourse

The 52 reg clio by the trainstation belongs to my training partner, he hasn't left it there again since i told him how dodgy it is! We go to a gym in Hoole so thats why hes round there alot.

He lives in Warrington though so you'll probably spot him round there too.

Honda S2000
Which gym do you go in Hoole? I need to join one. There is one at the entreprise centre but its mainly for men I think.

Ye I'm quite a serious gym-goer so go to Total Rebuild @ the enterprise centre. Its a real back to basics sort of gym but everyone there is suprisingly friendly, its mainly blokes too ye. Total Fitness is probably the best local gym for you (think its £42 p/m). Dragons is fairly good too but it doesn't compare to Total Fitness for equipment/size. Its only worth it if you use it though!