ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, Chester

Clio Williams
There's also a gym at the Mill Hotel, gonna be joining myself soon. As said tho Total Fitness is the best gym in Chester...

Honda S2000
I work at the enterprise centre and I can hear the grunts coming from the gym all the time! It would be handy to nip to at lunch time but I think i'll give it a miss! Too much testosterone in there!

Haha I can't stand the grunters! Thankfully theres hardly any at the time I go. Its not as scary as it looks, fran (the woman who owns it) is a bit barmy but lovely! Its also well known for being one of the only old skool gyms that's drug free. If you can afford it though Total Fitness is perfect for girls, the pool facilitiesare great.

ps. never seen ur cup there kelly? which unit do u work in? My mates cup is parked outside the gym most nights after 4 but only other performance cars I've seen about are a silver M3 outside the boxing gym and a red type R.

Honda S2000
I park there 8.30 till 5pm every day. I normally park next to the M3 as I think if people had to steal one of the two it wouldn't be mine! I work on the first floor in H something. A guy I work with has a cosmic grey type r which is sometimes parked there too.

I might go and take a look at the gym sometime when there aren't any grunts from inside. It is a bit pointless joining total fitness when all I want to do is run and do some light weights. Plus I live near Warrington and it would be a bit of a trek to come at the weekend.

Kelly its mainly weights although theres a few things like rower, bike & punchbag for cardio. Personally you can't beat running for cv so I just hit the streets or find a big set of stairs.

Checkout the northgate arena gym if you're too much of a wimp hehe. Think they do a good pay as you go deal and they'll be plenty of other girls to get chattin too etc.

Anyway enough of my ramblings!

X-172 Cup
I'm about 10 miles from Chester, don't go to Gym - but wife goes to Carden Park Hotel gym which is on our doorstep.

There's loads of Cliosports in Chester - I commute daily to Chester Business Park via Farndon/Alford/Huntingdon - I always flash & wave @ other Clio drivers like a loon...

Honda S2000
stokecitypottermouse said:
I'm about 10 miles from Chester, don't go to Gym - but wife goes to Carden Park Hotel gym which is on our doorstep.

There's loads of Cliosports in Chester - I commute daily to Chester Business Park via Farndon/Alford/Huntingdon - I always flash & wave @ other Clio drivers like a loon...

I've just booked into Carden Park tomorrow for the night as a surprise for my boyf. I've booked us a golf lesson each too in the day and some spa treatments for the sunday. Is it nice? I can't play golf but he does so I thought I should make an effort.

Clio Williams
mikegemmill said:
Haha I can't stand the grunters! Thankfully theres hardly any at the time I go. Its not as scary as it looks, fran (the woman who owns it) is a bit barmy but lovely! Its also well known for being one of the only old skool gyms that's drug free. If you can afford it though Total Fitness is perfect for girls, the pool facilitiesare great.

How much does it cost to join your gym mike, might check it out this weekend

172 Cup
I play golf there and if my missis booked that for me, well for a start it'd be a miracle and for second i'd have to pay, but i'd be well chuffed. So in answer to your question Kelly yes it's bl**dy nice!!

Tommo2 said:
How much does it cost to join your gym mike, might check it out this weekend

Daily membership is £2.50, a weeks is £7 or a month is £22. Definitely give it a go if you wanna get in shape as theres a good community there once u get to know some people. Theres obviously a few bullshitters but you get that everywhere. I never really go on the weekends but its always fairly busy on weeknights which helps the atmosphere.

Maybe bump into u soon bud!

Honda S2000
CupJonny said:
I play golf there and if my missis booked that for me, well for a start it'd be a miracle and for second i'd have to pay, but i'd be well chuffed. So in answer to your question Kelly yes it's bl**dy nice!!

I've been the driving range in Warrington a few times but I can't hit it very far so I thought a lesson might be a good idea. The instructor said then we could go on the 9 hole course after it. So if you live nearby and see a Cup being driven erratically from Carden Park its me. I've either hit the instructor with the club, broken something, or they think i'm that bad i've been banned from every golf hotel in a 40 mile radius.

172 Cup
I thought the only way to drive a cup WAS erratically!?!
I may be up there at some point over the wkend so will keep my eye out.
Enjoy!!