ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup Engine "Refresh"

172 Cup CC
I'm after advice from people who have experience with rebuilding the F4R lumps please :)

I've got a PH2 172 Cup and its just ticked over 100k miles so I'm going to change cambelt etc.
I've decided to have the head off whilst I'm at it to replace the gasket and will fit a head I've reconditioned and lightly ported/cleaned up.
I've also got some Piper Cams to go in.

Whilst I'm in there I'm tempted to have the pistons out, give the bores a light hone/deglaze, replace the rings and big end bearings...

I need advice on the best rings to use and where to buy them from?
(I'm not going forged or "race spec" as this is my daily, just want to refresh the old girl)

Any advice would be really useful! Cheers

Ph1
Your talking a fair amount of money there to mess with the bottom end. IMO i would just leave the BE as they are disposable units prices are so low but do what your going to do with the head.