ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup jumping out of 3rd gear

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Hi, I bought a 172 Cup in November 2013 it was spot on for a while but recently it has started jumping out of 3rd gear. It only seems to do it when changing from 2nd, pretty sure it's not doing it when its driving in 3rd. The gear box was taken out and refurbed in June 2013, so I'm assuming the gear box oil is ok, and if the box had been on its way out then surely they would have spotted it when they did the refurb?

If any one has any idea, this would be helpful

Cheers

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I've got the receipt....I've spoken to the people that did it, they said it isn't anything that they would have done, they only did the bearings, bush kit and boots and if its jumping out of gear then it's something else and they'd have to have a look.

Worth mentioning that it's not doing it all the time just now and again

Last edited:

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
going be an expensive then! The guys I spoke to about the box said its a 9 hour job to take the box out and put it back in again without even doing any work on it....awesome!

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Ok cheers for your help guys...at least I have an answer now!

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
So some developments on this....Went out for a drive today and my gear box is now crunching slightly changing in and out of 4th, was doing it, 3rd-4th, and 4th-5th, doesnt seem to be doing it ith any other gears, it's not a massive crunch, just sounds like somethings catching.

Any ideas, anyone?