ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CUP lowering springs

Jag Mondeo -Type
Hi just after some advice please, please,please :)

I am considering lowering my 172 CUP, I am happy with the handling and not really looking to improve upon this too much, but I would really like to lower my car as it look a bit too high. However I know many of you will say get H&R coilovers, but I REALLY cannot afford these, so I was wondering which lowering springs you people would recommend. I have heard good things about Prolines but the drop is really small so don't think it would look much different. Also I don't want to fit any that will be detrimental to the handling or too harsh a ride. Would Sportlines be appropriate?

Please can I have your advice

Thankyou

Duncan

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I think sportlines will fit the bill perfectly :). I had the prolines and they were fantastic, but didnt touch the rears height wise (front dropped 10-15mm mind) Apex would ruin the car imo

Jag Mondeo -Type
Ok cheers, can get some Sportlines for £126 from Roadrunner in Notts so might have to go for them, the Prolines sound good and very popular but wanting a bit more of a drop i.e. approx 30-40mm