ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup manifold to cat gasket and bolts access

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
How the heck do you get to the join to change the gasket and bolts easily?

Turns out mine has worked itself loose but access is ridiculous for to tighten up without what looks like removing parts.

Is it best to remove the heat shield that sits around it?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Years since I've done one but easier with 2 people someone under the car and someone going down. Through the engine bay.

Chances are it's not came loose but one of the sides has failed, worth getting a new fitting kit and just replacing it

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Thanks Martin. Funnily the previous owner supplied me with a genuine new kit. Suspect he though f*%k this I’ll sell it ? when he saw it.

monaco 172
2 man job, one in engine bay holding a socket on the bolts, then other under the car with a rachet, a load of extensions and a universal joint really helps

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Perfect thank you. Glad I’ve got access to a ramp then as no way could that be done on the floor.

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Doddle to do on a ramp.

Thanks gives me some hope. Just wanted to see if there was an easy and tried and tested way to do it first. Just the access is strange to something that connects up.

dan's cast offs.
Pretty straightforward to be honest. Worst bit is if the head of the bolts has rusted away and it's a pain to grip it.