ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup or 182 cup?

ClioSport 172 :)
hey
Im thinking of buying a 172cup or 182cup in the nxt few months but have no idea wich 1 to buy :S
Iv been advised to go with the 182cup because its slightly newer but more expensive.
I wont be usin it for track, just day to day but i love driving fast and driving around bends lol
So which would u recommend? thnkz.

Currently driving Audi A3 1.8t, X reg, re-maped to 224bhp :p

As said, it's lighter, cheaper on belts etc. generally is a better colour.

The 182 cup just seems to be a cheaper version of the 182.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
172 Cup was a lighter more 'focused' version.

The 182 Cup is the worst Renault Sport Clio ever released. It loses things.. Xenon lights, leather seats, auto lights/washers etc etc. But doesn't gain anything.

Guide here for the differences.. http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?562600-172-182-Guide.-Cup-Packs-Spec-Info

Not this old chestnut again Revels. :(
But against the 172 Cup the 182 Cup gains A/c and ABS and Traction Control
182 Cup is far more useable everyday.
The 182 Cup was as someone said earlier, a cheaper 182, albeit with a superior handling having the cup pack as standard.

You're part of the admin, at least try and offer a balanced opinion.;)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
A/C im not atall botherd with. Wich is quicker and has the better handling?
Depends if you need abs and traction. You can turn the traction off on a 182 but I wouldn't be without abs. Would be fcuk all in it round a track or on a back road tbh and it would be down to the driver.

When the 172 driver has got hot and bothered though and crashes off the 182 will get past him eventually anyway.

Unless your strapped for cash go for the newest you can get.
Both handle great. You can't go wrong

Stripped yozza'd cup
182 cup is pointless. You could have saved more weight by taking a s**t before you go out. 182 with cup packs is better, but a b**ch to buy coilovers for if you ever wanted to.

172 cup is the hero's choice. fact.

/172 cup owner

197 FF Glacier White
The 182 Cup will really limit your suspension options, go for a 172 Cup OR a 1*2 Full Fat (without cup packs). Sorted.

RS 182 CUP
stop knockin the 182 cup, i use mine for day to day use, gets used by the missus, is a "pretty" colour and theres only 539 of them made, in 10 years time theyre gonna be sought after, wasnt there a million 172 cups made?

260% JCW
F*ck all this FF s**t, given the choice again id only go for a 172Cup or Trophy. The drivers choice.

stop knockin the 182 cup, i use mine for day to day use, gets used by the missus, is a "pretty" colour and theres only 539 of them made, in 10 years time theyre gonna be sought after, wasnt there a million 172 cups made?

only 90 iceberg of which 30ish had AC so i think the silvers cud be sort after also.. mines always gona be in my posession for that reason

260% JCW

Just because 371 people pick that colour doesn't mean they're going to be sought after, if thats the case the 168 people who bought the inferno are going to be better off. There were over 3800 182's registered with Cup bits ect compared to the 2200 172 (pure) cups. I own neither by the way.

RS 182 CUP
only 218 182 cups with rb and gordini stripes produced, wonder how many are left now, seen so many being broken for spares

Only 90 Silver 172cups were registered, more exclusive then a Trophy.

yep as i comented last page.. wouldnt change mine at all

in all fairness just buy whats in best conditoin in a price bracket you can afford either way its still going 2 be a lovely car as its a RS

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
A/C im not atall botherd with. Wich is quicker and has the better handling?

i am in the same situation as the OP... thinking of switching from a 172 cup to a 182/182cup... mine is the Mondial Blue with A/C... 1/106 made... seeing as they get so much love, im considering keeping it... :)

i am in the same situation as the OP... thinking of switching from a 172 cup to a 182/182cup... mine is the Mondial Blue with A/C... 1/106 made... seeing as they get so much love, im considering keeping it... :)

just keep it mate.. why swap if youv got th A/c which i have in my Iceberg Silver cup

172 Cup
172 cup ftw ;) lolz at all the 182 owners going there ends...they are all good cars and if you like your creature comforts and the car is for your daily driver then i'd probs say to go for the 182 ;)

Stripped yozza'd cup

I'll buy it if you do!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I wanted a standard 182 in racing blue, with cup packs.

Could not find one that was JUST the right condition, mileage, service history etc etc until I stumbled over the 182 Cup that was in the for sale section on here.
Went and had a look at it, it was spot on, just what I wanted, but alas no leather interior.

Weighing up everything else and all the other boxes it ticked, I bought it and have not looked back. I had the leather and climate and xenons and all that a few years ago when I had a ph2 172.
I dont miss them, dont need them.

Handling is better. Colour is better too. :cool: