ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Racecar.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Woah, s**t just got real! Awesome stuff Nick :approve:

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Supposedly been rebuilt not long ago by TCR, as said above hopefully we can get these to fit!

If your unsure about them mate i'd happily take em apart and check them out for you, although if you know for a fact that TCR have rebuilt them recently then they'll be not much point seeing as they taught me lol

May I ask how much that beautiful cage cost you Nick? PM if necessary?

Best thing to do is speak to Tom at JMS, he was the one that put me in contact with the chap

If your unsure about them mate i'd happily take em apart and check them out for you, although if you know for a fact that TCR have rebuilt them recently then they'll be not much point seeing as they taught me lol

You have a pm.

Cheers Jay, will get onto this as this would be handy to get done and out of the way. Will give you and Tony a pm over the next few days regarding some issues/questions.

Cheers
Nick

Few more pictures, went to the fabricators and cut out the last few brackets and plastic clips ect ready for paint. Also removed the indicator stalks and heater box for better access for paint, i'll be keeping the heater box but slimlining it so it just feeds onto the windscreen and set to hot. Then removing all the stages to the heater and just having an on/off switch for as and when I need to use it (hopefully never!), also looking at deleting the indicator stalks and having a control panel like the JMS/Burpspeed cars but these things can wait a while until the cars got its new suspension and actually been driven!

All ready for paint anyways and should be all painted by the 31st! :)

2405111.jpg

2405112.jpg

2405113.jpg

2405114.jpg

Then a bit more of this today and this weekend!

2605111.jpg

Cheers
Nick

182cup & 172 racecar
Hi there Tony, was going to pm you this evening. I'll try and come up Friday evening as I have work tomorrow. Might leave a bit later though to miss the traffic. But will give you a call to let you know!

If you come fri,bring camp bed and sleeping bag.

Looking good mate. Colour scheme?

The exteriors staying the same Mondial Blue, and I've had a look through a book full of 2pack colours for the interior and i'm going for a blue which is pretty damn close to the exterior paint but lacks the metallic touch so hopefully will looks alright. Whilst I was there the painters said they'd sort the roof out for me after the bonnet 'incident' I had, but that'll be going black as it was a lot cheaper than going body colour. Should look alright with the carbon bonnet and the black wheels, plus i'm smoothing out the aerial hole seeing as the roofs being painted.

Nick

BMW E36 328
Just scanned through your project mate. Followed your last thread pretty close, Cars coming along brilliant good job with it. Great choice of suspension set up. Hope the rest of the project goes well for you.

Rob

Got a few little updates coming, hopefully the car will be back from the painters soon which will be nice! So I can then finish off the loom and have it running again.

On the suspension front the Bilsteins were going to need a lot of work to make them fit, so were going for a set of AST's now. Not sure on what setup as yet but there are a few people I know with AST's so going to be asking politly if I can have a couple of laps in there cars to see what there setups like.

Cheers
Nick

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
We are booked to do the July 9th day. I'd like us to bung a passenger seat in ours and do the R'sport evening as well but we'll see.

So about that update...

My polycarb side windows turned up, I went with sliders on both sides with 4 holes rather than 1 large hole as i'll be using it on the road until the MOT runs out at the end of the year. The rears also have a pop out hole more for a little bit of circluation.

2905111.jpg

2905112.jpg

2905113.jpg

2905114.jpg

Also made a start on gutting the front doors out, surprising once you've removed the glass/the inner skin/door loom/window regulators etc that its a lot lighter! Here's a few pictures, also got the carbon doorcards I have out to see how much I needed to take away. Forgot to take a picture of it gutted (plank I know!) but there's a picture of all the gubbings removed.

3005111.jpg

3005113.jpg

3005112.jpg

Also played with the loom a bit on the bank holiday, got a large chunk of it done and all thats left is to removed both door looms and tidy it back up and that's ready to go back in the car.

3005114.jpg

3005115.jpg

Went to the paintshop this evening to have a look at the clio now its been painted, roof looks lovely however the interior as much as the finish looks great looks terrible. Before painting they did a little sample on a piece of metal and I was more than happy but now with the whole inside done its amazing how a good mood can be just dropped with how s**te it looks... Ive got no pictures as the chap wanted to clean the outside and finish flatting down the roof, will get a couple of pictures up tomorrow but get your sick buckets ready... Makes you realise also how I should have prepped the car much more before paint as it highlights these points even more so!

Hopefully once all the bits go back inside it wont look too bad.

Nick