ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup rescue

Clio 172 Cup
After looking around for a while i got a call about a 53 plate cup with 65k on the clock was for sale.

Went over to look at the car and decided it shall be mine. Knowing it needs a bit of TLC i decided to offer what i thought it was worth, bearing in mind it will cost me a bit to sort it out.

It had black 17" rims on it, Dents across the bonnet and a few usual stone dents. I kept a look out for a set of Turinis and have ordered a new splitter. Also on the shopping list was 2 new cup logos for the doors and a short shifter.
Turinis picked up yesterday and were put on the car before it got dark, This weekend it is going to be de dented and i will fit the short shifter.
A good wash and polish and it should look stunning.

EM3g6mX9.jpg

Now with The Turini's
xA20uGKn

Clio 172 Cup
So its been De Dented, a full brake pad and fluid change. Short shifter fitted and repaired the airbag light.
Tomorrow if its not raining the new splitter will go on and a quick wash ready for Goodwood.
More pictures to follow when i get some time

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks, Noticed on a drive tonight a slight clonk when accelerating and decelerating. Gearbox mount? Do the 172's have the doggone one?

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Yes mate that's more than likely the dogbone mount. The 172 Cups do have them. I've got the purple powerflex one and it works a treat.

Clio 172 Cup
Well after a few weeks of not doing anything to it i managed to get a full cut, polish and carnauba wax done before my track day at Brands on friday. Also changed the oil and filter so now in tip top condition.
A nice drive out to a local spot for some pictures, shame the light was just to low.
IMG_5419.jpg
IMG_5414.jpg