ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup suspension and bearings help?

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
Looks like I need a new front wheel bearing and 2 new lower ball joints, went to the dealers expecting to by just the lower ball joints and they told me I needed wishbones, and they are £58 each, are they right, I thought you could just do the ball joints?
Then more news the wheel bearing is £50 because it is unique to the Cup, is there a cheaper place to get Cup parts than the dealers? Never knew there were so many special bits :(

Ta

Adrian

Lionel Richie
they're telling the truth, but you can get the parts elsewhere no bother (ball joints are available on their own, but NOT from renault)

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
Well, it went in today and there was nothing wrong with the lower ball joints, but I did put a new wheel bearing in, £60 from the dealer for it, so not too bad I suppose.

Thanks for the advice.

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
I needed it very fast and the dealers were nearest, plus it had to be the right part as it was on the ramp in bits, I had to pay the money sadly :(