ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup suspension on a Phase 1 172-thoughts opinions?

LY Megane R26 230
Right i have a 172 cup that sadly bodywork wise isnt the best and i have recently picked up a tidy phase 1 172 and ive had a crazy idea.

I've been thinking of switching all the suspension over from the cup to the 172 to give it a "wider track"

Good idea or am i going full r****d?

Discuss

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Thought it was only the dampers and springs that were different on the 172 Cups?

225 Cup & Williams
Nope dampers and springs are both exactly the same fitment. I say do it mate. I had 172 cup shocks front & rear along with eibach sportline springs on my ph1 172 and it handled brilliant.

Also will be chucking on the rear beam as i believe this is wider on the cup,is it not?
iirc some 1 had posted on here mentioning the rear beam may actually be shorter or the same length but its the offset of the wheels what make it wider...

I say do it!

LY Megane R26 230

Me too mate!

I'm not entirely sure on that one mate.

Might have to get the tape measure out to see

iirc some 1 had posted on here mentioning the rear beam may actually be shorter or the same length but its the offset of the wheels what make it wider...

I say do it!

Sounds about right as the difference on offset is 5mm each side and the Cup track is 10mm wider overall IIRC