ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Love this so much dude, what does it weigh?

Sorry bud totally missed this post. Thanks for the kind words :up:
Regarding its weight I have no idea haven't got that far yet. Still plenty of bits to remove/cut out tho

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Got a track day book at Mallory park on the 22nd September, me and few mates heading over for the day.

Any one else booking on?

Other news my daily Leon is giving me headaches, managed to fry the ABS pump 😢 priced it up yesterday with TPS at over 1K for just the pump :cry:
Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Also brought some pictures from my ring trip so I'll upload them once photo bucket has stop messing about.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
4B46B835-D9F8-46AA-8020-9D799B0CBABE_zpshvi19tpg.jpg

D91B9D49-56D2-4910-9237-484366B6E9EF_zpsxzc7ibfr.jpg

10F313F1-2F24-43DD-A852-0C8DF9B3E6D1_zpssyo6zrep.jpg

7A9E2058-8321-45B5-9C94-0C03CF21F231_zpsbnyyfkdl.jpg

31FF3B41-A805-49F1-96B2-912DE36A498B_zpsxlfxagtc.jpg

AAC8E7EE-6E16-4C44-9B8D-CA09D8998713_zpshit6hmse.png

6288B872-0B02-4156-A16B-394E9318099B_zpskv6qyfj5.jpg

84E45F81-0805-426C-95CD-4612CDD8D9A0_zpsdsfihf4p.jpg

Just read completely through this, and fairplay to you mate - this is an epic build!

Love how it's all been done properly with the best quality parts available

Any other plans? Not that I can think of anything else it needs lol

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Just read completely through this, and fairplay to you mate - this is an epic build!

Love how it's all been done properly with the best quality parts available

Any other plans? Not that I can think of anything else it needs lol

Thanks buddy :smile:

I like having it in bits and rebuilding it with mega parts :grinning:

Main plan is use and abuse it on track days and road till about November/December time.
Got loads of plans/ideas but all on the back foot till I sort my Leon out :down:

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Whilst on holiday I brought a PMS silenced middle section of exhaust as I'm worried about the decibels it's putting out. So this weekend before I got too drunk I put the exhaust on.

DB7E64B1-E2D6-40F1-B46D-166B02015427_zpshrtwd7hs.jpg

025A722A-AE7C-4F88-9E51-02A48160FCE0_zps6kxfaacv.jpg

Leon looking sorry for it's self 😞

A387040A-F290-4045-B3FB-0A79B142C17D_zpsoqnoccuy.jpg

It has made it loads, loads quieter!! But It just don't sound the same. It'll get me on track for sure and I'll probably not have any trouble on any track now buutttt its changed the whole tone and note. It's well made and does what I need but it feels like something is missing! Dunno weather to swap back and risk the decibel test and have the silenced box with me just incase?!?!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Shame that the silenced centre section has changed the tone :( I plan on fitting a silenced centre section to mine as I only managed 2 laps of Goodwood before being black flagged for noise.

Did abit tonight

Fitted new steering boots

And removed the wishbones ready for the new ones :smiley:

3F096BD6-1930-4FED-8AA5-98A1E39872F9_zpsr7eisrqy.jpg

15877A8F-EAA8-4A63-8BD8-A14C16CEDE19_zpsvlypjhyf.jpg

Powerflex bushes only been fit since April :wink:

Also went abit mad with an angel grinder and chopped abit of the crash bar out, need to tidy the bar up now lol

995ED6D1-66DC-4563-B303-53C3823BF913_zpsgmcpnu4b.jpg
You've got a cup wishbone pictured on the left and non cup on the right.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
What makes you say that?

They came off the car anyway and got replaced with PMS ones if you read on.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
No real updates at the mo:down:🙈

Car hasn't moved since the trip out to Mallory. It's looking pretty sorry for its self at the mo.

I have been given a spare engine tho, big port ph1 engine. :cool:
Hadn't touched it till this week when I took it apart.
IMG_8655.JPG
IMG_8675.JPG
IMG_8724.JPG
IMG_8750.JPG

Only other thing is I brought K-Tech's new uprated fuel rail. Started mocking that up at the weekend too. I need to aeroquip fittings for it. I've already cut the fuel line off the car.

IMG_8672.JPG
IMG_8737.JPG

IMG_8740.JPG

Any idea if it matters what side the fuel enters the rail? I guess not as it hasn't got the FPR in one end.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Little bit of work going in before track day at Mallory park on the 19th.

I've cut the door skins and loom out to save a bit of weight and reattached my carbon door cards. Hopefully that stop them rattling.
IMG_9136.JPG

IMG_9144.JPG

IMG_9145.JPG

IMG_9150.JPG

Also fitted my fuel rail and braided lines.
Got it booked in for tracking on Wednesday so need to get it out and clean it. I'll get some better pics.

IMG_9120.JPG

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Looks great bud.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks mucka.

I have just read through your entire build, great work and dedication. I bet it's fun on track!

Cheers, it really is good fun. Even in the road

Just had a read through this thread,great spec'd car and looks very capable. The pure motorsport items are a work of art.

Thanks, yeah the PMS stuff is top notch.

Simply epic, wouldn't like to know how much all of this has set you back! Worth it I'm sure!

Cheers, I won't add it up but I add up what else needs spending on it lol. It's well worth it just for the noise of it.

K_McDermott

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 230 r26
Nice nightshift reading this thread lol

Absolutely epic build mate, exact same way I'm looking to build my cup, going to be taking it down to Chris soon as well for mapping.

Extremely jealous [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Nice nightshift reading this thread lol

Absolutely epic build mate, exact same way I'm looking to build my cup, going to be taking it down to Chris soon as well for mapping.

Extremely jealous [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry bud never seen this comment 🙈
Haven't looked in here for a while, but thanks for the kind words! You got a project thread?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Well! Not been very busy of late, I haven't seen the Clio since Mallory on the 19th of November.
On the 18th i was in the garage at 10pm swapping the near side drive shaft as it was pissing gearoil past the bearing on the shaft, and by the end of the day at Mallory the new one was aswell
Then the car gave me stick all day at Mallory not starting and the revs being strange, turned out to be the power wire was breaking off the alternator which I found out down a tiny dark road on the way home when it broke off completely and drained my battery, had to bodge it back on to get home.
Other than that it was going really really well, I had it tracked a bit more aggressively before hand and was night and day better, turn in was better and putting the power down out of the hairpin was much better.
Since then it's been tucked away in the garage, I haven't even unloaded any of my tools, fuel cans 🙈 but there is progress and a plan in place.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Progress wise I took and past my trailer test so now can legally tow :smile:
POA won't be road worthy from now :smilingimp:
Planning more hardcore. Headlight blanks etc may try and look at some aero improvements.

First of tho, I need to repair the alternator wiring and fit my genuine Renault drive shaft.
I've sold my passenger seat and harness so need to whip that out and collect the cash.

I wanna buy a trailer by end of Jan and get a track day on Feb done

Clio 220 PH2
Sorry mucka didn't see this. It's a stick on plate and it's a 'small' size. The place I ordered do legal size, medium and small iirc. Want me to dig out the item number.

I need another for the rear actually.
Can I nick the item number for the number plate I am looking at getting one that's legal for the road
Many thanks
Ben

Its the size and font used in the lettering, so my guess is as long as the letters and numbers meet requirements then the plate can be cut down to just around it, so cant legally go much smaller

Clio 220 PH2
Its the size and font used in the lettering, so my guess is as long as the letters and numbers meet requirements then the plate can be cut down to just around it, so cant legally go much smaller
Cheers mate thank you very much I will have a look into it more see what I can find. I know there are legal sticker number plates out there because I have seen a few super cars with them on

Clio 220 PH2
No non classic stick on plates are legal, have a look on Dvla, mind you if you've got standard font you'll probably be left alone
Thank you mate didn't even think to look on DVLA haha :)
That's true just didn't want to risk the police getting funny because it's not the most subtle car in the world with the green bits haha

Clio 220 PH2
I never had a pull in mine and the plates were on a par with drink driving in terms of legality! Lol
Haha that's fair enough were your plate stickers
Really want to put the front plate on the side so I can put aerocatches where the number plate is currently to make it quick release

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Haha that's fair enough were your plate stickers
Really want to put the front plate on the side so I can put aerocatches where the number plate is currently to make it quick release
Mine were held on with Velcro front and rear mate. My advice is just fire it on, then if you get a pull, play the game and apologise. Honesty will always serve you well I find. Lol