ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Turbo

172cup turbo & rx8
172cup.jpg

I bought this in october 2010 without even going to look first as it was a bargain with every intention of getting it home and striping it to within an inch of its life and using it as a track car however, when i went to collect it was in fantastic condition but needed a few things, so i decided to keep it looking as standard as possible

first up was sorting out the brakes, so a new set of brembo hc's and mintex 1144's for the front with genuine renault rear discs and pads also a set of eibach sportlines for a slight drop in ride height and a wheel refurb for the turinis

having checked through the history the belts wernt due for another few years/miles but i played safe and these where replaced (thanks andy;)) as it turned out the timing was a touch out anyway so the motor felt much smother afterwards,

Anyway that was that until i seen a Ktec turbo kit for sale at a decent price (gt28, manifold and downpipe) this was purchaced along with a set of r26r injectors, a gen90 ecu and intercooler kit, With Lots of help from Andy (andyrg, by lots of help i mean he done the entire thing;)) the results are fantastic!
2-1.jpg

1.jpg

there is still a few bits to be done and tidied up but i'll get more pic's up as i go along

Future Plans=
Sort the suspension
Relocate the battery into the boot
Brembo 4pot conversion
New clutch
and lots more that i can think of right now

Oh yeah then next year, drop in the rebuilt fully forged engine which i picked up last weekend:D

Attachments

• 172cup-1.jpg
    172cup-1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 117

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Great work on this, Andy has done a very good job of the build, you should be very pleased. Has it had its final mapping done? (Figures :p )

Trophy Turbo :)
its around 220Bhp, Will be dynoed when we finish mapping, few little things to iron out, :)

Awesome little car :) goes really well i cant wait for next stage ;)

172cup turbo & rx8
Engine bay needs a few little bit's, the battery will be getting moved to the rear so the ecu can lay flat and they'll be plenty of room for the air filter to sit in the current battery location

IMG_0353.jpg

also running solid engine mounts which are no where near as harsh as people make out,

mapping tomorow so a new decat was in order, the brace and topmounts will be installed in the next few weeks along with all the new suspension goodies;)

IMG_0439.jpg

Last edited:
  Trophy Turbo :)
Brian been with me today. Made 210bhp but thats with a broke actuator hitting 210 at only 0.25 bar... lol shows how.much power will be had. New forges.lump in this new year too ee 350 easy power curve very nice... new actuator reqiired..... at actuator pressure .5 id think this will be 250 all day long

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
nice car hoping I can get something llike this done in the new year. we should have a new region called turbo north east lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
AndyRG on here is one of the admins.

Hopefully he will see your replies.

Great site, although obviously doesnt move at the speed of this one!