ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup V 182?

182, 205gti mk2 golf
Iv had a 172 cup for a while now and am extreemly impressed with it! ....Just wonderd how 182s compare to drive? Odviously they have the AC ect....But does the extra weight take some of the edge of the 172s rawness to drive? Or does the extra power make them even better? Just after some peoples oppinions really of people who have had both :approve:

172 cup
I have owned both a 172 and 172 cup and driven a few 182's and there isnt really a noticeable difference in the weight of the car. I think my cup handles a bit better than my 172 did but then that can be changed easily enough though. And from what I hear the 172 cups tend to make as much if not a bit more power that standard 182's.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
As same as above pal ive aswell owned both currently have a 172 cup the 182 is more comfy with the luxuries but the 172 cup is a much better car i feel it handles a lot better and its much more lively my 182 was a very gd example but dont pick up as quick down the bottom of the rev range. So its a win for the 172 cup