ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup. :)

172 cup
Thought I would get a project thread started as my car is now running lovely after a cam belt service and a few problems that come up.

Owned the car a few months now and so far i've had the cambelt changed and a pipercross panel filted. Aswell as a large puddle of oil meaning the rocker cover needed re-sealing and new spark plugs (thanks to Danny @ 519 automotive)

So far I have done the following mods...

New lightened flywheel with new valeo clutch.
182 manifold (heat wrapped & silcone coated) with k-tec decat/conversion pipe.
Clear side repeaters.

IMAG0196.jpgIMAG0195.jpg

This was my first attempt at heat wrapping. Didnt wrap all the way to the flange as I wasnt sure how much clearence would be needed for the ARB. The pic is before I used silicone heat paint.

These are all fitted now along with a gearbox oil change. Car feels great now :) I will take some pics of the car once its been polished!

Next on the list is either a mint set of turinis, or a new set a pro race 1.2s in anthracite aswell as replacing the rest of the exhaust system (not sure which system to fit).

Last edited:
  172 cup
Front spring broke on the car so fitted 2 new OE front springs last weekend.

IMAG0287.jpgIMAG0281.jpgIMAG0285.jpgIMAG0286.jpg

Photos taken on my phone so not the greatest quality.

Black Gold 182
Love it mate :)

What's wrong with the Turinis you have on it already? If they are curbed, why not refurb instead of buying new?

172 cup
Managed to get a set of Silicone hoses off a CS member, so these will be fitted next along with track ends, lower ball joints, engine & gearbox mounts :).

IMAG0253.jpg

172 cup
Love it mate :)

What's wrong with the Turinis you have on it already? If they are curbed, why not refurb instead of buying new?

The turinis on it at the moment have been blasted and painted. But 1 or 2 have quite heavy curbing marks on them (welding involved). Were a TD dealer at work so I can get a set of new pro race 1.2s for cheaper then refurbing these.

172 cup
Just a quick update.

Skoda splitter now fitted.
New track rod ends and ball joints fitted.
New offside CV boot fitted due to lots of oil on the inside of my wheel!

Did have photos but my phone packed up the other days and had to be wiped by HTC. So I took some this morning with the splitter fitted. Poor quality though!

IMAG0077.jpgIMAG0078.jpg

Next on list...

Just purchased a nice shiney powercoated twisted engine mount, ready for powerflexing.

Also ever since I changed the gear oil to millers (opie oils recommendation) my gear changes have been very stiff when cold. So im going to go back to the OE ELF oil.

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I love cups :) Looks great mate, good list of mods as well. Add matched inlets on there as well, no idea why no one gets these done, one of the best mods bang per buck as they actually do something! lol Have a word with Dan at 519 for good prices on these ;)

172 cup
I love cups :) Looks great mate, good list of mods as well. Add matched inlets on there as well, no idea why no one gets these done, one of the best mods bang per buck as they actually do something! lol Have a word with Dan at 519 for good prices on these ;)

I will get this done soon mate. Havent owned the car too long. Just trying to do the service/consumable bits first with limited monies!

I have got a spare manifold that im polishing up at home (taking forever). Will get it matched aswell.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Sounds like a plan, I was just putting it out there as many people seem to forget them and they are one of the cheaper mods that actually make some difference to figures :)

172 cup
Just a quick update,

Gear changes were a bit slack, also noticed slight damage to the heat wrapping on my manifold due to engine movement. So fitted a poly torque restrictor. Wow what a difference. Instant power now. Gear changes are alot more solid.

IMAG0214.jpg

Not much, but what a difference to the drive!

More to be done next month when I have some money. Just moved house which has drained all my clio money lately!

172 cup
Just ordered a new stainless stealth exhaust and some yellow HT leads. Also getting a new windscreen fitted tomorrow,

Its too easy to spend money when you have a day off work! Will just tell th missus its needed for MOT ;)

172 cup
looks like my coilpack has failed yesterday, its running like crap and misfiring. Allso my temp gauge has stopped working. Considering I changed the temp sensor 1 month ago with a repro part, im guessing thats failed. Its my fault for trying to save money! lol. So just ordered a new temp sensor and coilpack from Tom@Wests along with some custom made HT leads. I have noticed some burning on number 4 plug so hopefully its not injector related.

172 cup
Look what arrived for me today. Thanks to Tom@wests and Ktec for great service as usual :).

IMAG0277.jpgIMAG0275.jpg

To be fitted on Wednesday If I can get a free ramp at work :).

172 cup
They are from Performanceleads.co.uk. Seem good guys to deal with and knew there stuff when i spoke to them. They also entrtain sad peeople like me describing the yellow I wanted :)

172 cup
theyre just a little more expensive than tom@wests could do OEM for. But I was keen on yellow haha! TBH performanceleads charge £7 or £8 for postage which seemed steep. But they are 8mm leads, and alot cheaper then magnecore!

172 cup
So... after an hour or so, exhaust is fitted along with 2 new mounts :).

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

also, when changing the HT leads and coil pack. I remembered I was getting a slight burning smell (like oil on the manifold) so had a quick peek with a mirror. Found a bolt weeping a little on the upper cam cover. So whipped that off and re-seated it.

IMAG0281.jpgIMAG0279.jpg

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
Looks good mate :) having never seen one before, it looks exactly the same as there mild steel stealth exhaust i have in my garage, but stainless steel.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Just a quick update,

Gear changes were a bit slack, also noticed slight damage to the heat wrapping on my manifold due to engine movement. So fitted a poly torque restrictor. Wow what a difference. Instant power now. Gear changes are alot more solid.

View attachment 69796

Not much, but what a difference to the drive!

More to be done next month when I have some money. Just moved house which has drained all my clio money lately!

Whats a poly torque restrictor? What does it do, and where from please?
Car is looking great btw!! Really nice mods!

172 cup
Looks good mate :) having never seen one before, it looks exactly the same as there mild steel stealth exhaust i have in my garage, but stainless steel.

Cheers mates. I like the mirror finish :). Dont have to put up with the holey exhaust sound now either! Oh and my caliper has freed off now haha! strange!

Looks the same as mine, with out being rewelded and rusting! ha.

Car looks very nice :) coming to some meets soon?

No rust on mine... Ive got a feeling it wont be that shiney for long though! haha. I will be at north weald mate. Are you going?

172 cup
To do list...

Refurb all calipers.
Matched inlets.
Remap.
Turinis refurbed to former glory!
Fit forge silicone hose set.
Sort bonnet out (its dented)
Respray both mirror covers
Fit new bullets.

Last edited: