ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 front bumper mod

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Im after a front and rear 172 bumper for my dynamique. I know the rear is not a problem but what is the modification that I have to do to get the front one to fit my wings? Cheers guys

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
To get a perfect fit you need to play with a few things.

1) Mounting brackets do not match up

2) Direction of bumper ends dont match

3) If all is moved or bent inwards you are left with a nastu pressure poitn which may break at any time

4) Re-moulding the bumper as you get bend lines lower down which can look nasty...

5) Break lines under headlamp area

Heres mine that has been fully heat moulded, brackets adjusted and wings lined up to match. But costly.

11.JPG

13.JPG

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Thanks for that Has. Think I will just go for the rear one for now and colour code the front bumper and the door strips. Yours looks great by the way. Love the wheels and front splitter. Cheers

Has's car is the dogs, mine didnt quite wrk out as well, but then again i DIYd mine for free!!

guess you get what you pay for, so i got a wonkyish bumper, Has got a one off!

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Theres a good body shop at the bottom of my street so if I can eventually locate a set of silver bumpers (any out there?) I'm sure they could sort it.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Cheers guys. Top my to do list! Along with colour coding the door strips, and rear spoiler, side skirts from kwadrat, sport grille and lowered a tad!

Artic Blue 182FF
deffo need rear arch liners. carfull when fitting them tho you find that the clearance from the wheel to the arch liner isnt much at all had to bend it in a tad

1.2 16v Dynamique.
thanks mate. need to find a rear bumper in silver first (easier said than done). will leave the front one for another time!