ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 insecure battery

Clio Sport 172
Hi, on my last MOT I had an advisory for and insecure battery. Now only just purchasing the car I am unsure how the battery is supposed to be secured. There is a metal bar going across the top of the battery but it doesnt actually touch the battery?! Am I missing some kind of battery enclosure or has the car got the wrong size battery?? Any info appreciated, pics even more so :eek:
Regards

172 cup
The battery is held on by a bracket which bolts on at the bottom right when looking at the battery. Between the battery and wing. Get a 13mm socket and an extension and see if it's tight.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
As above the battery is held on by a bracket that attached to the gearbox mount. I suspect the bar you mean is the ECU support bracket which runs from the ecu down to the slam panel

Clio Sport 172
Thanks for the replies guys, yea the bar in question I think is the ECU support, ill take another look when the snow pi$$ses off, bottom right of the battery aye a bracket? If its missing it shouldnt be too hard to aquire a new one yea. Thanks again.
Regards

Clio Sport 172
Sorry to open an old thread, is this the part im missing?? Bottom right of the battery? looks like its missing, also on the left the battery slips under what is like a little lip too so I am assuming this keeps the right hand side locked down and the battery secure yes :eek:)
Regards

Clio 172
Sorry to open an old thread, is this the part im missing?? Bottom right of the battery? looks like its missing, also on the left the battery slips under what is like a little lip too so I am assuming this keeps the right hand side locked down and the battery secure yes :eek:)
Regards

That is what would clamp the battery down, yes mate.