ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*172 owners with Eibach Pro’s*

VaVa

cool, cheers dude.

There has to be someone on here with them on their car thogh??!!

Theyre not the cheapest springs in the world... is it worth the extra money over say, apex?

Octavia VRS

I just got them fitted on my 1.4 yesterday, handling is much better than standard but mines isnt a RS. Lowers it a little not considerably. Very impressed and glad I paid the little extra to be honest.

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 08 September 2005
I love em!they dont lower the car much at all... but the handling is superb!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

the handling is much better, at the time i bought mine people on here were saying they improve ride quality as well, they dont, the ride is a little bit stiffer, but totally worth it, the handling is transformed!! (until you put 17"s on that is) :mad: 16"s back on ASAP for me.

VaVa

Thats what I wanted to hear!! Cheers fUbAr!!

Im not too fussed about appearance - just want less body roll!!!

Whats the ride like? the roads round me are shocking, so I dont want anything too harsh....

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 08 September 2005 at 2:19pm]

Just saw your post gaz. So the ride is a little harsher then.

Nippy white cup

Get them m8...Ive got eibachs on mine( the lower of the two versions) and it is much more stable...back end is less twitchy as well. Isnt too low either..just nice. Stop flapping and get buying ;)

Chris

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

yep go and buy!! but dont be under any impression that the ride will be better.

[Edited by Gaz2130 on 08 September 2005 at 3:16pm]

Megane225FF

Ive fitted them, make a big difference, especially at speed, keep the car more stable.. the only time Ive noticed them harsher than the std ones is over the speed ramps.. I think day to day driving, it actually inproves the ride quality.. Im impressed with mine.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by thedoc on 08 September 2005

Ive fitted them, make a big difference, especially at speed, keep the car more stable.. the only time Ive noticed them harsher than the std ones is over the speed ramps.. I think day to day driving, it actually inproves the ride quality.. Im impressed with mine.
entitled to your own opinion, but i dont find that to be the case, i think it makes the ride noticeably worse.

Megane225FF

Gaz2130 - i think it must be these super smooth roads road here that my hard earned brass goes on ;)

Octavia VRS

I just thought the sportline springs lower more than the standard 35mm that the pro kit gives. Probably gives a harsher ride too Im guessing?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

would imagine the sportlines would be an even stiffer ride, when I had the Pros fitted at DemonTweeks, they measured the car before and after fitting, they told me the car was 15mm lower than std as a result

193 mk2

ive just ordered some eibach sportslines for my 172 mk2 from motorsportworld.co.uk £136.37 inc p&p got them to price match from europerformance.co.uk. as far as i know it says 45-50 mm front and 30mm back but with eibachs you can take at least 5mm off each. sportslines are basically lower and slightly stiffer but ride quality isnt lost as much as say apex or so ive been told! should hopefully have got fred to fit them buy next week some time. p.s. ive got 17s

Would you say that it is essential to fit after market shocks with the pros?

Or does just adding the springs alone improve the handling enough to not need them?

Rob.

[Edited by rwaterman on 09 September 2005 at 1:18pm]

193 mk2

nah rob you can just change the springs, the shocks are half decent on 172s & 182s so just changing the springs is a big improvement on its own. obviously you can uprate the shocks but if you were going to do that i would say dont bother with either and just buy some coilovers!!!

Cheers wide it would get very costly with shocks aswell I know but part of me feels im only doing half the job... What i want is to just sweeten up what is already there and the Eibach pros sound perfect for this my 182 does not have to cup supension.

Rob.

Hi Guys,

I am thinking to get the pros as well. So it only lowers 15mm. Is this noticible? I dont want sportlines as i tihnk will be too stiff. I already find the stock 172 MK2 suspension slightly stiff:)

So would getting the eibach pro basically be the same height as a cup suspension as i think the cup suspension is roughly 10mm lower than standard?

p.s. i am gonna get 182 anthracite wheels for my 172 MK2 silver.

Cheers,
Kenn.

Kenn in the media,pics,video forum look at the post titled mk2 flame red and black 172s the flame red 172 with the cliosport number plate parked on the grass has been lowered on the pros i believe also check the gallery Telford mikes flame red 172 is also on the pros...

Rob.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by k3nnis on 09 September 2005

Hi Guys,

I am thinking to get the pros as well. So it only lowers 15mm. Is this noticible? I dont want sportlines as i tihnk will be too stiff. I already find the stock 172 MK2 suspension slightly stiff:)

So would getting the eibach pro basically be the same height as a cup suspension as i think the cup suspension is roughly 10mm lower than standard?

p.s. i am gonna get 182 anthracite wheels for my 172 MK2 silver.

Cheers,
Kenn.
it is a noticeable difference yes.

Thanks guys. Will check it out:)

Damn i am gonna spend so much money!!! Eibach pros+182 anthracite wheels+tyres!

Cheers,
Kenn.

I have the Pros.

It is a noticeable drop once they settle. Ride quality is pretty much the same as the standard springs, just a bit harsher over speed humps. Handling is much better though, with far less body roll and understeer. There also seems to be less tail wagging under hard braking.

Well worth the money.

HTH - Darren

RS-1, Bebop, CTR

I am planing a set of Eibachs in the near future.

Eventhough the car sits well on the road, it just bounces a little bit too much for my taste in the corners. Ill probably have the dampers stiffened along with the new spring, should wastly improve the handling.

I am not expecting the ride to be much harsher, since the Eibachs are progressive springs...besides in my experience the ride is usually made harsher by low-profile tires rather than the springs...

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 09 September 2005

I have the Pros.

It is a noticeable drop once they settle. Ride quality is pretty much the same as the standard springs, just a bit harsher over speed humps. Handling is much better though, with far less body roll and understeer. There also seems to be less tail wagging under hard braking.

Well worth the money.

HTH - Darren

Cheers Dude, just what I wanted to hear.:D

Quote: Originally posted by Darren555 on 09 September 2005

I have the Pros.

Well worth the money.

HTH - Darren

Hi Darren,

How long do they take to settle in?

Have you got pics of yours?:)

Are the eibach pros lower than the cup suspension?

Cheers,
Kenn.

Cheers,
Kenn.