ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 ph1 and ph2 tax

330ci Conv
whats the cost of tax on a early pre 2001 172 and the newer model after 2001 as this is governed on emmisions. i also hear the tax will be increasing for cars newer than 2001. anyone shed some more light on this please.

330ci Conv
sorry dude. just used to being pointed away from forums as people cant be arsed to answer.this was not the case. i jumped the gun, my apologys

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I read on Pistonheads last week the gov are going ahead with a U turn on the new tax.
It doesn't include new cars and might only be for a year or two. They blamed the crunch for the change of heart lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No probs, parkers is a usefull website, amazed not many people know about it.

182 FF Inferno
Expect some changes on this if the media are to be beleived (credit crunch etc maybe delaying new tax rates)

Edit: beaten to it by realnumber1!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I read on Pistonheads last week the gov are going ahead with a U turn on the new tax.
It doesn't include new cars and might only be for a year or two. They blamed the crunch for the change of heart lol.

Thats would be"blamed votes for the change of heart"

330ci Conv
but next year is nearly £100 differance, i know its only 100 ish but when will it stop rising? the early phase 1 will do for me, im happy with my £185 a year :).

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Car tax is a drop in the ocean as far as hot-hatch ownership goes to be fair.

The later Phase 2's (i.e mine) is going to be £270 next year. A f**king joke none the less but im not going to lose sleep over it.

Group 16 insurance and 32mpg? What car tax?

lol

330ci Conv
32 mpg try owning a gt turbo with over 20psi of boost lol. thats bad mpg.
this car will be for my girlfriend and she currently has a 1.4 so that tax, fuel jump etc will be steep compared to what she has been paying. if i have to pay 270 for tax then i would, but as i have a option on expensive tax, or silly expensive tax, then i will choose the first.