ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 power mods - what you got

Elise/VX220/R26

I dont think Ill be fettling my baby for a while but was just interested to see what mods some 172 drivers have added and weather any have given a power increase thats noticeable when actually driving the car?

Not saying that the 172 is slow but I would be interested in any mods that improve acceleration.

Viper,K-tec mad exhaust, superchip re-mapped

When the back is stripped out and spare wheel/kit is out you can tell a huge difference, the car runs a calculated 184 ATFW, and Mike had a go, and said it was quick.

But if you want some real punch wait until Ive sorted out the TBs and then well see some decent increase :cool:

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 12 May 2003

When the back is stripped out and spare wheel/kit is out you can tell a huge difference, the car runs a calculated 184 ATFW, and Mike had a go, and said it was quick.
Quick? It went like a feckin missile!

yeah take your spare/tools ,rear seat/headrests/parcel shelf/cd changer magazine,renault manual,car mats etc out and put a tenner of optimax in............... oh and take a can of tyre weld just in case! very quick,especially in a mk1 ,not practical for every day use but good fun early sunday mornings when no-one about.:D dont know how much weight actually lost but must be close to the cup bhp/weight ratio.

Ive added a Pipercross panel filter & K-Tec exhaust and got 182 bhp @ fly at a RR Day a few weeks ago :) Certainly feels a lot quicker, but the noise of the K-Tec is a large factor in that too - sounds like a complete beast!